Menu
User Avatar Image

My Review about the game

posted by megaledeth on - last edited - Viewed by 577 users

I have to say that I am DISAPOINTED with this new saga of Monkey Island, the game that to me, is to be catalogued as the best in history. First of all I dont like the the fact that it is divided in five episodes. At least the Sam and Max version is with different stories every episode. It is cruel having to wait for the following month. I think all of the fans that are playing this game want to finish all the chapters just because they want to know the end and because it is MI.
But the game has lost the pirate spirit that Monkey Island had up to MI 3, or maybe 4 if you want. The graphics dont help with a different Guybrush, and the story is no good. I miss that pirate times with Monkey Island, I certainly DO NOT like this version. Actually the only MI thing in this game is the name of Guybrush Threepwood and the music.
And it is difficult to move the character with that new systrem. I just want to point and click or as if MI3 or with the instructions.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @jeditribble said: He/she's a troll. That's what they do.

For all we know, he/she didn't even play the first episode, or if maybe he/she actually di enjoy it, contrary to the post.

People are passionate about MI. That makes this forum an ideal place for trolls who want to get people worked up. So far it's working ... just ignore!

I love how people have labelled him a troll just because he posted a badly worded and worthless criticism about the game which he's posted a couple of times. He may not have much of a clue but it he was really here to troll he could be doing it a lot... better.

I just think that he's someone that doesn't have any clue how to present his points of view, and if I can say something that might help out then that's all good as far as I'm concerned.

• Shark Repellent is my craving, Secret Fawful. :)

• @Magic Emperor said: But when you REALLY think about it, Batman & Robin is the best Batman film. AMIRITE?

Batman and robin may be the worst and most disrespectful intepretation of batman but i'm not going to compare everything that comes after it to that.

I'm a massive fan of batman begins and thought this reboot had lots of potential but i'm really don't like where they are taking the series with the exessive amount realism.

I'm sick of reality, i go to films to escape reality. Although batman has the most potential to work in a realistic tone i just don't really buy it anymore.

In batman begins i believed that batman could exist. Maybe this is because of the great care that went into showing how he developed from young bruce to batman. However, with the dark knight i felt like the film couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a film centered in realism or the next big action packed blockbuster. Everything was so over-blown with what was happening that i couldn't believe that it could happen in reality yet at the same time everything from the comics was manipulated to be so darn nitty-gritty and realistic that i couldn't enjoy it from a fantasy point of view.

But what truely ruined it was that although heath ledger did a fantastic perfomance, i truely didn't like this interpretation of the joker.

The film sounded like heaven on paper but it just wasn't my bag, baby...

Sorry... i'm going into a rant about batman on a monkey island forum :rolleyes:

• When did fish become cooked? Why are my tacos burnt! WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANTIAGO???

Anything to keep off topic...

• I like that about this forum. I posted a topic about finding and playing the earlier MI games. That somehow led to everyone posting about their favorite Radiohead albums and tracks. It was awesome.

• Define "Troll".:
    "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community"

Which was not what OP did. That was an opinion.
    Just like any of the other reviews or lets just call them what they are, one man opinion written down.

Now what is Trolling you might ask..
    This page is floating with troll like posts. Like taking OP words out of content, irrelevant posting, spamming with irrelevant stuff.

Just because someone as a opinion diffenrent than your, you do not have to respond or troll it

• There are people in this thread being a lot ruder than megaledeth is. Calling for someone to be banned and labelling them a troll because they didn't like a game is a little bit harsh.

Also, opinions are subjective. They can't be wrong.

About the episodic thing, you can just wait until all chapters have been released. If it had been one big game, you would've had to wait that long anyway.

And I really don't understand what's so bad about the control scheme. I kept clicking to walk because I was so used to being able to do that, but that's not the fault of the game.

• @Shwoo said: There are people in this thread being a lot ruder than megaledeth is. Calling for someone to be banned and labelling them a troll because they didn't like a game is a little bit harsh.

Also, opinions are subjective. They can't be wrong.

About the episodic thing, you can just wait until all chapters have been released. If it had been one big game, you would've had to wait that long anyway.

And I really don't understand what's so bad about the control scheme. I kept clicking to walk because I was so used to being able to do that, but that's not the fault of the game.

Of course opinions can be wrong, when they're backed by faulty reasoning. For example, someone might say 'The TMI controls suck because using the mouse to drag guybrush around is lame,' but they forgot to mention the keyboard is an option too.

or, perhaps 'This game is too short, the other monkey islands were much longer!' when 4/5 of the game is yet to come out, still.

Which is why most people are trying to say: Sure, have opinions but it would be good to know the basis of those opinions, because maybe you're missing something.

• [quote]Which is why most people are trying to say: Sure, have opinions but it would be good to know the basis of those opinions, because maybe you're missing something.[/quote]

I agree.

• @SurplusGamer said: Of course opinions can be wrong, when they're backed by faulty reasoning. For example, someone might say 'The TMI controls suck because using the mouse to drag guybrush around is lame,' but they forgot to mention the keyboard is an option too.

Not if the person only want to use the mouse.

Add Comment