User Avatar Image

PETITION to Telltale Games to translate Tales of Monkey Island into SPANISH

posted by trape on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Before I start, give my congratulations on the great work you are doing specially to Telltale Games that have revived this great saga.

I am a boy of 18 years in Spain, as is my normal level of English is not very high. I have been a good little fan of this saga since Monkey Island 1. I would like you to putt the subtitles in Spanish, althought take many months to make, I will wait, but I would like enjoy 100% of the game and all of his jokes that I thint thar are great, but because of my level of English I don't understand all.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that in some month I will see a pack of Tales of Monkey Island in Spanish, which I and a lot of fans that they are in Spain will buy it, so the sales would be secured.

PD:Sorry for my bad english :( and thanks again!

198 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I tried using 6 different automatic translation services from this page
    List
    and it seems that the last one was the most accurate one
    Try using this one next time

• @anarion321 said: En cuanto a comparar a wallace & gromit con resident evil. Lo hice porque harlequ1n afirmaba que estos juegos no eran para niños y yo he intentado demostrar mi punto de vista con juego que si que no son de niños sino que son de miedo y terror y he exagerado mucho con la sátira y el traductor se volvio loco. Aconsejo que si alguno no entiende la traducción, copie lo que esta en español que si esta bien expresado y use un buen traductor de internet. De nuevo lo siento pero yo soy un hombre español

Traducción(poco corregida)
    Translation (little corrected)

As for comparing to wallace and gromit with resident evil. I did it because harlequ1n was affirming that those games were not for children and I have tried to demonstrate my point of view with games that if that do not belong to children beacose they are of fear and terror and I have exaggerated very much with the satire and the translator becomes a madman. I advise that if someone does not understand the translation, it(he,she) should copy what is in Spanish that if this one expressed well and a good translator of Internet uses. Again I apologize but i'm a spanish man

Oh in that case i apologize. I did not know you were joking and its especially hard to spot one when you are using an automatic translator.
    I have not played the Wallace and gromit games before, but based from the youtube vids i think it looks suited for kids

• es verdad esto es una vergüenza mira que nos dejan de lado los de habla hispana y eso que somos muchos más lo que deberiamos de hacer es no comprar nunca más ni uno de sus juegos siempre apoyando y esperando este juego para esto discriminación pues que les den por mi parte si no lo sacan en español no lo voy a comprar y no se lo voy a aconsejar a nadie y eso que varios de mis amigos somos acerrimos a esta serie si no esta en habla hispana no deberia de ponerse a la venta en ningun pais que se hable este idioma España y casi toda sud Amirca asi ariamos presion en Italia si no viene por lo menos sub en italiano no se pone a la venta asi deberiamos de ser somos tontos y por eso nos toman por tontos.

• Pon puntos.
    Pon comas.
    Cuida tu ortografía.
    Y quizá entonces alguien NO te tome por tonto.

Use dots.
    Use commas.
    Watch your spelling.
    And maybe then someone DON'T think you're stupid.

• Im a big fan of the monkey island saga and i want the spanish subtitles and please record the spanish voices too if you can!!!!
    It is a great game and a symbol of our child years.
    Please release a spanish version, me and my generation will give you a lot of thanks!!!!:):):):):D

• @rziel said: en Italia si no viene por lo menos sub en italiano no se pone a la venta asi deberiamos de ser somos tontos y por eso nos toman por tontos.

You sure about that? There are some italians around here. Ask them how many games have they received without any sort of Italian language translation. Maybe you'll think again what you said.

The only countries not allowing official release of games not being in their language (text translation being required as minimun) are the English-speaking ones.

• You guys want Monkey Island in Spanish?

Well why dont you make a 9 page thread about it urgh

• This issue is being discussed, but we don't have any information to share. When we know, you will know, rest assured.

• Claim it's educational and "teaches kids Spanish with fun pirate visuals."

• @nikasaur said: This issue is being discussed, but we don't have any information to share. When we know, you will know, rest assured.

Thanks for the info nikasaur.

This discussion has been closed.