User Avatar Image

PETITION to Telltale Games to translate Tales of Monkey Island into SPANISH

posted by trape on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Before I start, give my congratulations on the great work you are doing specially to Telltale Games that have revived this great saga.

I am a boy of 18 years in Spain, as is my normal level of English is not very high. I have been a good little fan of this saga since Monkey Island 1. I would like you to putt the subtitles in Spanish, althought take many months to make, I will wait, but I would like enjoy 100% of the game and all of his jokes that I thint thar are great, but because of my level of English I don't understand all.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that in some month I will see a pack of Tales of Monkey Island in Spanish, which I and a lot of fans that they are in Spain will buy it, so the sales would be secured.

PD:Sorry for my bad english :( and thanks again!

198 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It has been told lots of times in Spain that the game will be translated to spanish at the time of it's release there, Telltale Games is an American small company and develop games in english because is their native language, Telltale can not afford or take care of all the possible translations, so instead of posting a petition here, you should do it with the company which will distribute the game in your own country, Spain.

• @OMA said: Normalmente Telltale nunca asegura nada hasta que no haya una noticia confirmada con fecha de publicación, para no pillarse las manos. Pero vamos, en este caso yo diría que las probabilidades de que aparezcan versiones traducidas son muy, muy altas. De nuevo, estamos hablando una de las sagas de videojuegos más famosas en todo el mundo. ¿De verdad crees que van a dejarla sin traducir? ¿Sólo porque lo diga 3Djuegos? ;)

En fin, está visto que no hay manera de convencerte. Lo verás tú mismo el año que viene. No sé en qué momento del año, si a principios o a finales, pero saldrá en España subtitulado en español prácticamente seguro.

___

Now Creasy says that the text "We do hope to localize" (at the ToMI FAQ) doesn't sound like they're very sure about it :D

no va a haber manera de convercerme jamas, por algo evaden tanto este tipo de preguntas los de telltalegames, se lo han preguntado CIENTOS de usuarios y nunca responden, q casualidad q si responden a otras preguntas.

• JAJAJA, soy cubano, compañero. Ya ves lo que me importa Franco

entonces aun mas normal con el tiempo que lleva en dictadura cuba normal que algo se te haya pegado, y te choque que la gente quiera expresarse y reclamar sus derechos libremente.

Im against translation to spanish because apparently they need to start learning english. And by denying them any other language than english, they will basicly run to a english teacher or start reading english ASAP because they BADLY wanna play this game.

So telltale, please do the earth a favour and dont give a crap about all this translation whining. English FTW

take a fish troll bridge, are you now happy? then let the people make what they want.

and also if you are so really worried about favors with the entire world, commite suicid is going to be the best favor for the entire world.

also about the stupid thesis about the problem with the english:
    in the age of playstation 1, there was a massive amount of pure english game, was the english in that time better?, no.... then why that happen if you say that is good have all in english to improve the english language?.

time ago was a lot of stuff in english... but the english was worse... why then?.

the only problem in the bad english is the bad teachers and that is not going to be solve with english game, that is only going to make less players and less money.

• @OMA said: Ok, during all this thread I've been in the "stop whining and learn English" side :)

But in fact, I've never been against the translations. I just said that they should stop whining because a translation will eventually be made anyway.

This time I'll align with their side and say:
    How would you like to have the whole game in Spanish with no subtitles? ;)

Good thing you dont work for TellTale :)

• @David_Keen said: entonces aun mas normal con el tiempo que lleva en dictadura cuba normal que algo se te haya pegado, y te choque que la gente quiera expresarse y reclamar sus derechos libremente.

take a fish troll bridge, are you now happy? then let the people make what they want.

and also if you are so really worried about favors with the entire world, commite suicid is going to be the best favor for the entire world.

also about the stupid thesis about the problem with the english:
    in the age of playstation 1, there was a massive amount of pure english game, was the english in that time better?, no.... then why that happen if you say that is good have all in english to improve the english language?.

time ago was a lot of stuff in english... but the english was worse... why then?.

the only problem in the bad english is the bad teachers and that is not going to be solve with english game, that is only going to make less players and less money.

Oh buhuuuuuuuu
    Did i hurt your spanish feelings?
    And commit suicide? You didnt just say that did you? I should report you but i wont because you clearly cant understand a joke and the personal attack only shows how pathetic person you are.

"in the age of playstation 1, there was a massive amount of pure english game, was the english in that time better?, no.... then why that happen if you say that is good have all in english to improve the english language?."

Look at it this way: Dont you think that those people prefered to purchase a game that had their language instead of buying those english games? I mean, there was options for them. And if youre looking at Germany, a popular game such as Monkey Island that is released in only english, will only "help" fans of that game to learn better english. Not germans in general.

"time ago was a lot of stuff in english... but the english was worse... why then?."
    So if i try to understand you correctly, you say that the more english games/books/movies etc that is released, will make our english skill worse? hahahaha
    The reason why english was worse back then is because today people are kinda forced to learn the language because of technology and such.

Seems to me that your anger is blocking you from thinking straight...

• "time ago was a lot of stuff in english... but the english was worse... why then?."
    So if i try to understand you correctly, you say that the more english games/books/movies etc that is released, will make our english skill worse? hahahaha
    The reason why english was worse back then is because today people are kinda forced to learn the language because of technology and such.

what i really want to say is that in the 90-98 there was here in spain a lots of books, manuals, games in english, and the people don't learn english, the english skill is best now when there are just a few things in english so...

can you explain me this?.

because you say that if all the things was in english would be great for our english skill.

the why was worse in the past?, why when there are few things in english our english is better?.

learn english with the games is like learn carpentry looking tables and chairs, you would know how the should be when you finish that's all.

is the same for games you are going to know when you see the phrase was should mean but you are not going to know how to write it.

also you are not going to know thecnical words because is very rare to see it in games.

to learn english there is only live in england or other country with the english as oficial language or take some books and class until you get that skills. and of course no one is going to make that only to play a game because is stupid.

• @Creasy said: no va a haber manera de convercerme jamas, por algo evaden tanto este tipo de preguntas los de telltalegames, se lo han preguntado CIENTOS de usuarios y nunca responden, q casualidad q si responden a otras preguntas.

Ehhh, en la pagina anterior de esta misma discusión, un miembro de Telltale dijo que estan discutiendo el tema y que anunciaran algo cuando tengan algo para anunciar.

You mean like a page ago, when they said that they are discussing the subject and will announce anything when there is something to announce?

• @David_Keen said: what i really want to say is that in the 90-98 there was here in spain a lots of books, manuals, games in english, and the people don't learn english, the english skill is best now when there are just a few things in english so...

can you explain me this?.

because you say that if all the things was in english would be great for our english skill.

the why was worse in the past?, why when there are few things in english our english is better?.

learn english with the games is like learn carpentry looking tables and chairs, you would know how the should be when you finish that's all.

is the same for games you are going to know when you see the phrase was should mean but you are not going to know how to write it.

also you are not going to know thecnical words because is very rare to see it in games.

to learn english there is only live in england or other country with the english as oficial language or take some books and class until you get that skills. and of course no one is going to make that only to play a game because is stupid.

I think you got the whole thing wrong. But never mind

• @Eduardo said: Ehhh, en la pagina anterior de esta misma discusión, un miembro de Telltale dijo que estan discutiendo el tema y que anunciaran algo cuando tengan algo para anunciar.

You mean like a page ago, when they said that they are discussing the subject and will announce anything when there is something to announce?

¿¿¿???

lo unico q puso OMA, fue un texto sacado del FAQ.

• @Creasy said: ¿¿¿???

lo unico q puso OMA, fue un texto sacado del FAQ.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165950&postcount=169

El post de Nikasaur/ Nikasaur's post

This issue is being discussed, but we don't have any information to share. When we know, you will know, rest assured.

(El símbolo junto a su nombre indica que es empleado de Telltale).

This discussion has been closed.