User Avatar Image

Here's an Idea that would be awesome!

posted by thatdude98 on - last edited - Viewed by 191 users

Okay, Marduk and I had an Idea. You know the Insult Sword Fighting thread? I was looking over it, and there are some GREAT insults in there. What if Telltale added some of them in in a later chapter? You know, include some of them to a brand new insult swordfighting puzzle or challenge. I'm figuring here that if enough people are interested, something might happen. So, what do you guys think? :confused:

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What if his hand is so good at dueling, he actually has to choose the lamest comeback, so he wouldn't stab whoever he's fighting. :P

On a side note, I allways wanted to duel LeChuck. It would be cool if Guybrush can't win without solving an inventory-related puzzle while desperatly fending off LeChuck's awesome swordplay.

• Hm, I read somewhere that there will be insults and sword fighting but no insult sword fighting...
    Insult grog drinking or just an insulting competition maybe (because they have to save money and ran out of swords)?

• I would love to see insult dreidel.

*daydreaming of Guybrush doing the dreidel song

• @Spadge said: What if his hand is so good at dueling, he actually has to choose the lamest comeback, so he wouldn't stab whoever he's fighting. :P

You may be on to something there.... the idea needs polishing but there is a spark of something there that could work.

• I'd be incredibly disappointed if TMI followed in CMI's footsteps of copying and pasting Secret of Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revenge jokes word-for-word.

• The addition of Insult Swordfighting in EfMI was a shame, there just wasn't enough of it. However they incorporated it into the plot enough for it to become more than just a favourite puzzle. And then Monkey Kombat was the result, which wasn't really anything like we started with. Anyway, I hope that if we get it in ToMI, it will be very, very different.

• +1 support for this idea.

Add Comment