User Avatar Image

Monkey island full translation petition

posted by dariodario89 on - last edited - Viewed by 229 users

Ok guys, Telltales doesn't seem to want to make a FULL translation (including voices dubbing) of the episodes of TOMI in French, Italian, German and Spanish. Maybe it will be quite useless, but since it's quick and free, if you want to get the game translated, click on the link below and sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/tomifgis/petition.html
:)

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dubbing is one of the most horrible things you can do to games, tv shows and movies.

• I wish they'd release a full Portuguese version, but I can wait, I won't sign anything, this is stupid

• Mmmh, dub - what in the beginning happened to reggae when the sound engineer went crazy with it; nowadays[1] it usually skips the reggae stage...

Or what were you talking about? :D

[1] np: Tosca - Chocolate Elvis (Bullitnuts Version 2) (The Chocolate Elvis Dubs)

• User Avatar Image
    OMA

@onlyamonkey said: TEllT4le g4m3s! DICTATOR! REVOolution!

@onlyamonkey said: Forcing a company to produce private property lol. Communists the whole lot of you hispanics/latinos/emos whatever.

Stop saying stupid and racist things like that! The other thread was closed because of nonsense things like these.

Anyway, everybody, please, forget about making petitions to Telltale about translations to any language!. They won't do any translations, anyway.

Subtitle translations will be done next year, when the retail versions come out. If you don't find subtitles enough and want a full dub, then ask the local editors for that, not Telltale!

• I don't agree with people who align against dubs.

If we are going to neglect voice localisation to other languages, then we should start doing that with Japanese games being dubbed to English, since they usually turn it into the standard speech language targeted for all western audiences replacing the original voice work.

Everyone is free to choose their favorite spoken language for their entertainment media. You don't earn anything opposing that.

• There's a petition/protest for/against everything now. Sheesh.

• give them a break they have only released one episode and your already demanding the translate the full thing in multiple languages...

• All these threads feel more like terrorist demands than anything else. It really doesn't help. Telltale'd make one when and if they can. What's next? "MAEK FRENCH OR WE BOMB KITTENZ!" thread?

• I agree, instead of making new threads, how about use the search function and post the link in the gigantic thread on this topic already on the forums.

• @Spadge said: All these threads feel more like terrorist demands than anything else. It really doesn't help. Telltale'd make one when and if they can. What's next? "MAEK FRENCH OR WE BOMB KITTENZ!" thread?

TTG has already been told how they've ruined people childhood memories because of no translation yet. They've also been compared to Stalin.

All in the name of reason of course. After all, it's reasonable to scream and throw stuff around you untill you get what you want.

Add Comment