User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 4.0K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

The idol will come into play down the line.

For right now, the treasure maps are the main thing to focus on.

Everyone should get one map to start and then earn their way to the second map.

And then stay on the look out for other maps!

• User Avatar Image
    David E Telltale Staff

@figmentPez said: I can't download the wallpapers. The links are all to the same web address, and it doesn't go anywhere.

Yep, a couple of other people have reported this! It's been passed along to the devs.

• I have a few questions. The blog entry says that:

[quote]Guybrush will arrive in the jungles of Flotsam Island, where you can have him start searching for the X.[/quote]

1) Does this mean that for each episode we will search for the treasure on the same island? Or will the other islands have treasures too?

2) Will this treasure hunt thingy work with the DVD version of the game? Since it's not online, how will you make this happen?

3) Why not add some rewards for the treasure hunters directly in the game? Like having some badges or something that would appear permanently on Guybrush. Or a special piratey hat! Think of the possibilities. I hope you will do something like that in future chapters. It would be a nice reward for players who go the extra mile to uncover all secrets in the game, as opposed to only playing the story puzzles.

• Somebody will probably try to hit me for this, but this feels more like something you'll find in Leisure Suit Larry games than MI ones.

It's cheap, it's not at all challenging and it's utterly predictable. And for some reason you still want to do it :)

• This is pretty cool, thanks Telltale!

• Do we all get the same prizes? (i got a Voodoo Lady wallpaper and avatars/icons of ToMI)

It says somewhere "Exclusive collector items, free games and discount coupons" so i guess that these prizes will be random?

@figmentPez said: I can't download the wallpapers. The links are all to the same web address, and it doesn't go anywhere.

I had this problem after solving the first map but without solving the second map. After the second map, i was able to download the two prizes.

• @hansschmucker said: Somebody will probably try to hit me for this, but this feels more like something you'll find in Leisure Suit Larry games than MI ones.

It's cheap, it's not at all challenging and it's utterly predictable. And for some reason you still want to do it :)

I'm guessing due to the nature of later prizes that this will start to become more and more difficult in one way or another. The maps will probably get harder to find and follow.

And Ignatius we all got the same prizes so far.

• @Ignatius said: Do we all get the same prizes? (i got a Voodoo Lady wallpaper and avatars/icons of ToMI)

It says somewhere "Exclusive collector items, free games and discount coupons" so i guess that these prizes will be random?

I had this problem after solving the first map but without solving the second map. After the second map, i was able to download the two prizes.

I got the sam prizes as you?

• User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

You should expect the treasure hunting to get more un-predictable as time goes on too ;) prizes may vary from person to person ... and so on.

Just getting started ...

• What is this strange thing my game keeps opening... the "in-ter-net"?

What sort of hell hole is this anyways. :D

Awesome idea guys, although I'm sure some will complain about the overuse of the treasure hunting mini-game... Personally i think its fun cause I've memorized the layout of the jungle by now.

Hmm, maybe I could make a map of how all the different jungle sections relate and connect to one another. (make it easier to navigate and find the landmarks) Should only take about 20 min in illustrator.

Add Comment