User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, the two maps done before heading out for work, will look out for more.

• Wow! Wooow!

stupid time zone difference thingie...

I just woke up and everybody already found stuff and went digging and... why am I the last one to find out about new stuff? :p Can I talk to someone about moving Romania to, say... USA?? That way, I can keep up with everybody!

Dudes, I can't wait to go treasure hunting! This is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen regarding easter-eggs and bonuses in a game.

TTG Team = A Bunch of Geniuses

Thank you!

• I hope one prize is that we get to replace the Guybrush figure with all the others.
    I'd love to walk around as a giant Mr Featherly, or The Cow (though that'd be a hidden quest :))

• User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

If you're a Steam or D2D customer, you can get involved too.

Treasure Hunting is available in the Free Demo download for Tales of Monkey Island.

• Two tries... I kid you not.

Two tries is all it took for me to guess the code for the first "prize" (wallpaper).

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to guess - I was just curious to see what kind of code was needed and played around with it a little. The second time I hit "submit" my code was accepted.

Hmm, maybe I can hit the next one too...

• @Thiftweed Fancy Pants said: Two tries... I kid you not.

Two tries is all it took for me to guess the code for the first "prize" (wallpaper).

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to guess - I was just curious to see what kind of code was needed and played around with it a little. The second time I hit "submit" my code was accepted.

Hmm, maybe I can hit the next one too...

Someone already pointed out how few combinations there are, but what's the fun in that?

• I take it this wont work for the wiiware version huh.:(
    There wont be a code that comes with the map to give us the treasure map. Then once we complete it, we get code to download prizes here.
    That wont be it huh:(

• I take it the code system is only there so that unregistered demo users can participate. Just remove it for the registered gamers and give us in game prizes as mentioned in the thread. The demo players wouldn't be able to use these anyway.

• Great Marketing fun! Well done TTG!

• Wallpaper url please?

A working one. 1920x1200.
    I'd like to replace my current Tales of Monkey Island one with that one.

Edit: now it worked, after opening the page directly from a new tab. opening the page from the treasurehunting page however doesn't.

Using chrome 3.0.187.0 on Windows 7 x64 RC.

Add Comment