User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 6.8K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Spadge said: Shouldn't we get some kind of schedule for this? I have no idea when the next map is coming out and I have the gold fever.

same goes for me.

but its a really good idea with those treasure huntings, telltale really put a lot of love in their games and in the community...ok, that sounds wrong but you know what i mean!

• I am sure the maps will get harder as we go on when you have prizes like free and discounted games and other things no doubt.

• @Ash735 said: Is anyone else getting "Unexpected End of Archive" when downloading the Avatars? I tried yesterday and just thought it was the servers but tried again today and the download still ends way too fast and the archive only contains av_elaine.png with that error message.

I get something very similar to that. I wish the Telltale team would do something about it, because while it works for some people, clearly its having trouble with other computers. And it doesn't make a difference what type of unzipping tool I use. :( And to think, I could have an actual avatar, by now. . .

EDIT: I just tried to open it on another computer and found that it said it was incomplete or corrupted there, as well. Which leads me to believe its not the computer but some bug within the treasure hunting system itself, which may strike random victims.

Some sort of acknowledgement of the problem and assurance it would be fixed from the TT team would be nice . . . :confused:

• @Ash735 said: Is anyone else getting "Unexpected End of Archive" when downloading the Avatars? I tried yesterday and just thought it was the servers but tried again today and the download still ends way too fast and the archive only contains av_elaine.png with that error message.

I'm getting this weird thing where it seems to download ok, but when i open the zip file there's just a file called 'avatars'.
    What am I sposed to do with this? Is it what everyone else got in their zips?

Other than that, brillaint job Telltale. This has to be the coolest idea I've heard in a long time :D

Also, any chance we could get a copy of the wallpaper without the Voodoo Lady in it? If thats not too hard...

• @Apple24 said:
    Other than that, brillaint job Telltale. This has to be the coolest idea I've heard in a long time :D

Yeah!! This is the difference between passion and "Let's do something for money".
    I kind of like the unexpected map-scheduel. It feels like we're real pirates... the joy of discovering another map (without knowing in advance when you will get it) makes it exciting! :D

Although, it would be cool if they were a little bit harder. Even with riddles and such.
    i.e. Go to the house that cannot tell the way the winds blow anymore. - Voodoo Lady's Shack.

• @mintfresh said: Also, the second time I played the game, the green stuff coming of Guybrush had a big green square in it occasionally, anyone had that?

Yeah! I remember that was happening to some players in the main game but it didn't happen to me until I started treasure hunting.

• @Jake said:
    I think this is a "running during the main run of the season only" type deal.

so if i want to wait for all the episodes to be released before playing i'll miss this in the whole?

• Telltale, This is must be the most epic thing you've done.

EVER

Yes same for me the file seems corrupt.

• User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

Someone asked if WiiWare customers will have to wait until the Wii version releases to hunt ... well, you all can get started in the free demo version of the PC game right now if you're keen to get started.

Add Comment