User Avatar Image

TOMI-dont lauching!!!

posted by guille on - last edited - Viewed by 769 users

^^^ the game just dont lauch it dont even make an error i open it it apper in file manager but dont start i have the same problem in wallace and gromit episode 1,2,3 and sam and max season 2 so it isnt a problem of only one game it all telltale games i have.
all other games work fine
DXdiag:
NVIDIA 8400 GS geforce 512 ram
and 2048 GB ram
dac:integrated RAMDAC
display:1024*1280 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
win XP pro sp3

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Have also tried to enter the serial number, without luck, requested a manual unlock key yesterday from support@telltalegames.com, but they say it might take a couple of days before they respond, so I will wait patiently.

The debug version of the dll, is probably because I installed a DirectX SDK kit, as suggested somewhere else in this forum, no luck though, I will revert back to the retail version, and let you know if there is any changes.

I will do a new download/install (and delete the temp directory) after uninstall of SDK directX, (just for fun :) )

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@qvist said:
    I will do a new download/install (and delete the temp directory) after uninstall of SDK directX, (just for fun :) )

That's the right attitude ;)

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@DjNDB said: I'll continue reading it now.

I didn't find anything else :(

• unistalled the SDK and ToMI, cleared out all telltale references in registery
    cleared IE cache, and temp directory under localsettings, downloaded setup file again, run setup, registered with email and password, no luck:(

attached new dxdiag, but I don't think you will get any more information, the one dll file marked "problem" is gone.

I'll wait for the manual unlock key, and get back if this solves my problem.
    thanks again
    Peter

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@qvist said: attached new dxdiag, but I don't think you will get any more information, the one dll file marked "problem" is gone.

I'll wait for the manual unlock key, and get back if this solves my problem.
    thanks again
    Peter

I ran a diff on them. Nothing important has changed.

Waiting for the key is your best option atm. We'll see whether it works when the disconnect bug is fixed.

• seem that i dont the only with that anoing harder problem than in nothing happen theard

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@guille said: seem that i dont the only with that anoing harder problem than in nothing happen theard

Hmm, Have i already asked you what version of internet explorer you have installed?

Have you ever tried starting the games while you are not connected to the internet?

• IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i formated my newer pc to windows 7 and now it works
    i dont formated espessialy for this game
    only know that it dont hardware problem

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@guille said: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i formated my newer pc to windows 7 and now it works
    i dont formated espessialy for this game
    only know that it dont hardware problem

I'm glad to hear that :) Finally that chapter is closed :rolleyes: Was a really hard one.

• @DjNDB said: I'm glad to hear that :) Finally that chapter is closed :rolleyes: Was a really hard one.

yeah sadly i had to formate my computer for it work
    ok the chapter is close

Add Comment