User Avatar Image

Some XBLA sales numbers

posted by SHODANFreeman on - last edited - Viewed by 228 users

Based on the leaderboards, here are some sales figures.

Sam and Max Save the World: 14,609 copies
Wallace and Gromit Fright of the Bumblebees: 18,118 copies
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition: 51,813 copies

So as you can see, so far Monkey Island Special Edition has sold more copies than both of those combined.

Though I'm sure all 3 have seen substantially higher sales on PC.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Go Monkey Island. I'm not really feeling bad for Telltale on this field, because I'm just glad adventure games are selling this well PERIOD.

It's absolutely awesome.

• Wow, with that many sells, telltale might be able to afford sam and max up to season 4, that and combined with the sales of sam and mac pc, wii sbcg4ap, monley island, they wealthy

• Sales are probably quite a lot lower than the number of people on the leaderboards. Several different people with different accounts can play the same downloaded game on the same xbox and have individual rankings on a leaderboard. There are probably a lot of siblings and friends who are ranked on the leaderboards without having bought the games.

• @Bagge said: Sales are probably quite a lot lower than the number of people on the leaderboards. Several different people with different accounts can play the same downloaded game on the same xbox and have individual rankings on a leaderboard. There are probably a lot of siblings and friends who are ranked on the leaderboards without having bought the games.

That's not true, games are linked to account AND console on 360, or at least I couldn't play games on my friend's 360 with an account I made, haven't ever made a secondary account on mine though.

• I have two entries on the leaderboard myself with a secondary account. I currently hold both place 157 and 47802.

• @Bagge said: I have two entries on the leaderboard myself with a secondary account. I currently hold both place 157 and 47802.

That's odd.

• No, it's not odd, it's the way it works.

• @Bagge said: No, it's not odd, it's the way it works.

I know for a fact that I wasn't able to play any of my friend's XBLA games on his 360 using a secondary account that I made, it made me play the trial versions. Maybe they changed that since then, but I know it didn't work when I tried it before.

Okay I tried it on mine with a second account, and it won't let you upload scores to the leaderboard unless you have a gold account, and I don't know that there are extremely large amounts of people who have multiple gold accounts on one 360.

• It's nothing new. I have multiple entries on several leaderboards, including Worms, Bomberman and Braid. It's been like this since the 360 was launched.

• @Bagge said: It's nothing new. I have multiple entries on several leaderboards, including Worms, Bomberman and Braid. It's been like this since the 360 was launched.

Then my friend's 360 must have been messed up or something, it wouldn't let me play anything but trials until he signed in to his account.

Add Comment