User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island on wii is unbearable

posted by cywarlock on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

I love the monkey island series like many of us do but i cant even pretend to be satisfied with the product i've bought on wiiware today. for 10 dollars i dont expect the mona lisa but i sure as hell expect a game that functions without the insane amount of frame rate issues. so im just wondering... is this going to be fixed via update or is telltale going to lose customers?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • At least you have the choice to buy individual episode of ToMI on Wii. :D

• A lot of hyperbole here.

That having been said, the framerate isn't as high as I was anticipating, especially compared to my laptop. (I don't quite meet minimum specs, but downloaded the demo anyway. The framerate at 640x480 with all fancy graphic details turned off was a bit chuggy so I went with the WiiWare version. But the WiiWare version has a very similar frame rate.) I'm not sure if this is a porting issue (if the PC version was done first, and the WiiWare is a port), or something else. But looking at Call of Duty, Mario Galaxy, etc., I would figure the Wii can push TMI's graphics at a smoother frame-rate than that.

The audio is indeed severely compressed. Not to the point of unplayable. But it's definitely noticeable. Not at all TellTales's fault. This is a simple WiiWare file-size limit problem.

Loading times I noticed, but they weren't killing me.

• @smashing said: At least you have the choice to buy individual episode of ToMI on Wii. :D

For twice the price. Wish Nintendo sold packs.
    When this comes to XBLA it won't only be in a conveniently priced pack it will also come with Achievements and some bonus content like themes or Display pics.

I barley touch my wii because I don't feel I achieved anything and It doesn't seem very.. personal

• I'm sorry, maybe I just don't get it. But achievements truly seem like a waste to me.

• @Dan2593 said: For twice the price.

Liar! It's only ~1.43 times the price of the season set!

• I think the underlying issue here is wiiwares ridiculous 40meg limit.. Until that gets fixed it's making telltales job almost impossible

• @Hero1 said: I think the underlying issue here is wiiwares ridiculous 40meg limit.. Until that gets fixed it's making telltales job almost impossible

Yeah, I just posted something similar in another thread, I totally agree.

• I'm sad to say, I have to agree. Although it does run better than the demo did on my PC, it's still extremely laggy, and almost buggy at times.

• If it's that bad, they shouldn't have released it on Wii.

• I've always been a console gamer. TOMI is my first PC game. I bought Sam & Max on the 360 after playing TOMI on my PC, and I have to say that adventure games just feel right on the PC. That's my newbie opinion anyway.

This discussion has been closed.