User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island on wii is unbearable

posted by cywarlock on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I love the monkey island series like many of us do but i cant even pretend to be satisfied with the product i've bought on wiiware today. for 10 dollars i dont expect the mona lisa but i sure as hell expect a game that functions without the insane amount of frame rate issues. so im just wondering... is this going to be fixed via update or is telltale going to lose customers?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just played the opening scene, and the frame rate issues and extremely compressed audio are more than noticeable.

However, those two points didn't put a damper on my day. What really put a damper on my day is the fact that this game crashed. I've been at this loading screen for ten minutes now. Talk about awkward. o_o

• I like the control set-up on the WiiWare version.

• @WedgeWalker said: I like the control set-up on the WiiWare version.

Yeah, the controls are really nice on the Wii.

• I agree, to me the control system felt more comfortable with the Nunchuk and Wii Remote over the WASD/mouse implementation.

Alrighty, I'm going to try again, this time by adjusting a few settings on my Wii.

• I downloaded the wii ware version and I am very disappointed! The sound and the video lag is just to much. I wish there was away to get my money back! Dont get me wrong I loved the game on the PC but it has no business on the wii if its going to look and sound like this. I refuse to buy any other episodes for the wii if this is what i am going to be getting!

• @kbogle24 said: I downloaded the wii ware version and I am very disappointed! The sound and the video lag is just to much. I wish there was away to get my money back! Dont get me wrong I loved the game on the PC but it has no business on the wii if its going to look and sound like this. I refuse to buy any other episodes for the wii if this is what i am going to be getting!

I'm afraid that if Nintendo doesn't raise the filesize limit for WiiWare games, each episode will have the same choppiness, compression problems, and blurry textures.

• @Pale Man said: I'm afraid that if Nintendo doesn't raise the filesize limit for WiiWare games, each episode will have the same choppiness, compression problems, and blurry textures.

Gonna wait for new wii before that could happen though.

• User Avatar Image
    Smy

@kbogle24 said: I downloaded the wii ware version and I am very disappointed! The sound and the video lag is just to much. I wish there was away to get my money back! Dont get me wrong I loved the game on the PC but it has no business on the wii if its going to look and sound like this. I refuse to buy any other episodes for the wii if this is what i am going to be getting!

Agreed 100%. After looking forward to this for so long, I ended up turning off the game after about 20 minutes - the flaws are just too much to make it enjoyable. :(

• nintendo need to get their act together! the file size limit was meant to (apparently) help indie developers prosper and not get outdone by the.. Uh.. Better developers!

But when what could be the wii's best selling wiiware game of the decade is barely playable in parts, specifically compared to the pc, we have a bit of a problem :-(

when i heard this was a wiiware title i could imagine thousands of 'newbies' joining the ranks of both mi fans and ttg fans.

Please nintendo sort this out and support your developers!!

• I'm really depressed by what I'm reading here. I hoped so much that this will be the breakthrough adventure games needed. :(

This discussion has been closed.