User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island on wii is unbearable

posted by cywarlock on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

I love the monkey island series like many of us do but i cant even pretend to be satisfied with the product i've bought on wiiware today. for 10 dollars i dont expect the mona lisa but i sure as hell expect a game that functions without the insane amount of frame rate issues. so im just wondering... is this going to be fixed via update or is telltale going to lose customers?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Radogol said: I'm really depressed by what I'm reading here. I hoped so much that this will be the breakthrough adventure games needed. :(

We're all a little sad about it, I think. :(

I think they should've waited and released a disc version of the whole season, maybe it'd at least be a little better then.

• That sucks. Though I hope TellTale don't water down the rest of them to cater to this

• I don't want to be all doomy'n'gloomy, but if the accelerated schedule doesn't allow for a careful port, perhaps future episodes will be made even less complex graphically. I mean smaller locations, less variety in character models, fewer animations, and so on.

@RockNRoll said: That sucks. Though I hope TellTale don't water down the rest of them to cater to this

I just realized you already wrote what I wanted to ;)

• Yeah I hope they don't have to compromise the pc version to cope with the wiiware problems

• @Hero1 said: Yeah I hope they don't have to compromise the pc version to cope with the wiiware problems

I really don't think that will happen, the PC version is and has always been their priority.

• @Pale Man said: I really don't think that will happen, the PC version is and has always been their priority.

I hope that continues to be the case.

At least those who got the Wii version can comfort themselves with the fact that you only bought one ep, not the whole season. And the complete season on PC will still cost you less than the remaining 4 Wii chapters. Think about it. :)

• I looked up a video of the Wii version on youtube (link)

And the mentioned things (framerate, sound horribly static) seem okay.
    Can't say anything about the subtitles though as the person recorded it used a camcorder or something.

• I didn't try the Wii version, but I have a question to the people who did and have problems with it : are you playing from the Wii hard-drive or from the SD card ?

• Gee... could they release a patch? I don't know how the wiiware thingie works (I have a wii, but it's not connected to the internet). Let's write to Nintendo! Ask them to allow the games more space! 40Mb is awfully low if you ask me! I've seen fangames that take up to at least 200 Mb.

• The worrying thing is it might put potential new fans off Monkey Island as a franchise and Telltale as a company... and that's a shame because the fault lies with Nintendo.

This discussion has been closed.