User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island on wii is unbearable

posted by cywarlock on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

I love the monkey island series like many of us do but i cant even pretend to be satisfied with the product i've bought on wiiware today. for 10 dollars i dont expect the mona lisa but i sure as hell expect a game that functions without the insane amount of frame rate issues. so im just wondering... is this going to be fixed via update or is telltale going to lose customers?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [TTG] Yare, last page, 2 posts above yours?

• Personally, I think it would be good if everyone calmed down.

Yes, the frame-rate is choppy. This is somewhat due to the Wii, but may also be due to coding. (As many good looking Wii games have smooth frame-rates.) The voices are highly compressed, due to WiiWare file size limits.

As far as people making grandiose slams on the Wii (if you bought one you're stupid, it's a piece of crap, it should have been on XBLA, etc.), your fanboyism appears to be showing. Someone somewhere decided to put it on WiiWare. Compaining about it won't change that. And they're not just going to cancel it.

• missed that post, thanks

@[TTG said: Yare;172300'] Frame rate issues will probably get sorted out eventually

I guess there is Hope.

I would be fine with the graphics and sound if it played smooth. I am still going to finish the game, and more then likely I will get all the Episodes on Wii. it is just annoying that there is this issue on a console.

• @RMJ1984 said: Might be worth for you scrapping the Wii, it will save you more time for PC, it will avoid unhappy customers, as we say here, either one does it right or not at all, and having a game lag on console, its unacceptable by any standarts.

Might be best to just refund Wii owners and scrap it on wii :)

Anyone having the skills of moving verb wheel and that inventory over into a screenshot of Tales of Monkey Island, im sure it would fit PERFECTLY! :)

I hope that doesn't have to happen. Wii owners like me missed out on the lovely pre-order PC special edition just to play it on wii, and as such will be severely dissapointed.

It would be better if they could release each episode in two parts, at half the cost, although that wouldn't work properly. I am personally fine with the wiiware version from what i've seen of it, and i think that alot of the problem is down to owners of high-powered PC's sneering at the shortcoming's of the wii. Sure, it's a noticeable downgrade, and annoying for us europeans who are paying twice as much, but the quality doesn't seem that bad, definately not any worse than the PS2 EFMI graphical bug wise anyways.

That said, a reduction in the prices of future wiiware episodes would help soothe the pain ;-)

• Maybe I am missing something, but it does NOT run this smooth on my Wii :confused:

• Graphics and textures I don't mind. Sound does matter though, and I'm getting the impression there's not much that can be done. That's a shame. I'm glad to hear there's hope in regards to the lag issue, though.

I'll still purchase future episodes on the Wii, because I support Telltale and the way they've brought back adventure games.

• @Frederick Kim said: Graphics and textures I don't mind. Sound does matter though, and I'm getting the impression there's not much that can be done. That's a shame. I'm glad to hear there's hope in regards to the lag issue, though.

I'll still purchase future episodes on the Wii, because I support Telltale and the way they've brought back adventure games.

I just wish that, if they had to go with a Wii release, that they'd gone with a Wii disc rather than Wiiware. From what I can tell, a lot of the problems with the game aren't the fault of the Wii itself, but the 40mb filesize limit on WiiWare.

• User Avatar Image
    Smy

@Frederick Kim said: I'll still purchase future episodes on the Wii, because I support Telltale and the way they've brought back adventure games.

I don't think I'll be buying the rest of the episodes - unless I hear significantly different feedback here from anyone willing to buy the next episode when its released for the Wii. :(

• @Smy said: I don't think I'll be buying the rest of the episodes - unless I hear significantly different feedback here from anyone willing to buy the next episode when its released for the Wii. :(

Me. The wiiware version does not suck, infact it is the best I ever seen in a while. I havent experienced any sound or visual glitches that wasnt in at least another wii telltale title, so that isnt the game's fault. I dont know why trolls complain about it, oh yeah, they just hate the wii they're mad that it is so far the number 1 console there is so far.:mad:

• @Gman5852 said: Me. The wiiware version does not suck, infact it is the best I ever seen in a while. I havent experienced any sound or visual glitches that wasnt in at least another wii telltale title, so that isnt the game's fault. I dont know why trolls complain about it, oh yeah, they just hate the wii they're mad that it is so far the number 1 console there is so far.:mad:

It is kind of a sub-par port, but I would still recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a PC that can run the game. I have both versions and have played through it on both with no trouble, the sound and occasional framerate hiccups are a bit annoying, but it's tolerable, for me, at least.

This discussion has been closed.