User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island on wii is unbearable

posted by cywarlock on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I love the monkey island series like many of us do but i cant even pretend to be satisfied with the product i've bought on wiiware today. for 10 dollars i dont expect the mona lisa but i sure as hell expect a game that functions without the insane amount of frame rate issues. so im just wondering... is this going to be fixed via update or is telltale going to lose customers?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Ulm

Anyone having audio issues, like pops and cracks during gameplay, should check their audio config in the Wii settings. I had somehow accidentally set the audio to 'mono', and was experiencing VERY poor audio. Once I put it back to 'stereo' all my audio problems went away, except for maybe the compression artifacts in the voiceovers. :)

• I'm a big fan of the Monkey Island series, but I'm also a Mac user.

I actually got myself 500 Wii points in advance in order to get these games. But after reading what you guys think about it, I think I'll wait.

But WHAT am I wating for? The day I get a PC, the day it gets released for Mac or the day a better Wii version is released?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Frown said: I'm a big fan of the Monkey Island series, but I'm also a Mac user.

I actually got myself 500 Wii points in advance in order to get these games. But after reading what you guys think about it, I think I'll wait.

But WHAT am I wating for? The day I get a PC, the day it gets released for Mac or the day a better Wii version is released?

No need to wait! The game plays perfectly on Mac using CrossOver Games.

• Yeah, the game has some technical issues. Yeah, it's because of the WiiWare limitations. But I'm still enjoying it just as much as I would a smoother, less laggy version.

Wii bashing is pointless. The Wii was obviously not made for power, just innovation. This has been pointed out many times, too many times, and should probably stop. I'm sure that there are reasons for WiiWare file limitations, reasons we may never be aware of.

• It's not Telltale's fault, it's the shitty Wii's graphical capabilities that are at fault. They should just release TOMI on 360 and PS3, it might actually work properly.

Oh still release on PC. PC is best console by far. Even though it's not a console.

Wait, people still play the Wii? I thought that novelty died out. It's lost HUGE popularity in Japan, to the point where the 360 and PS3 are outselling it.

• I made a thread about this in the support forum thinking it might be a problem with my game or system but since it seems the problem is universal I am pretty upset about it.

I don't know if it varies system to system but when I played it it was terrible. Parts of scenes would hang and I would just get audio. The terrible graphics and audio alone I could deal with, but the hanging and the lag and the constant loading make it impossible for me to play it any more. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this and I am uncertain if it is worth it to buy it over again on the PC.

I really think they should do something about this. There has already been at least one fantastic adventure game released for the wii on disc so the hardware can't be blamed and they knew the size limits going into it so that can't be blamed either.

• @Fury said: It's not Telltale's fault, it's the shitty Wii's graphical capabilities that are at fault. They should just release TOMI on 360 and PS3, it might actually work properly.

Oh still release on PC. PC is best console by far. Even though it's not a console.

Wait, people still play the Wii? I thought that novelty died out. It's lost HUGE popularity in Japan, to the point where the 360 and PS3 are outselling it.

Last week's console sales in Japan.
    Research is your friend.

• @Frown said: I'm a big fan of the Monkey Island series, but I'm also a Mac user.

Check out Crossover (Reported to work) or bootcamp, or parallels. I know for a fact that it works if you just slap a windows XP on your computer (granted that it's an intel machine) :)

• @BadStrong said: Last week's console sales in Japan.
    Research is your friend.

But as far as I know Tales of Monkey Island isn't OUT in Japan.

And again, the MACHINE selling a lot doesn't have anything to do with people playing the Wii. What their argument is would be game attach rate, especially for Wiiware titles.

Playing devil's advocate for console bashers isn't likely the best idea, but the lack of logic on the side of those on the "right" side is annoying me.

• @Fury said:

People still play wii, I still play wii. Wii sales are still beating xboxes and ps3s combined last I checked

This discussion has been closed.