User Avatar Image

TOMI's Islands

posted by dariodario89 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

After FLOTSAM ISLAND, which already known islands would you like to see in the game? I would like to see Plunder Island and Blood Island...

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • BUt there weren't many of them on that map. There are Jerkbait Islands (probably NW), the Rock of Gelato (NE), Flotsam Island (SE), two unnamed sandy cays (SW) and a small island on the verge (NE). I think we can safely assume that episodes may take place on larger islands only. So, we have Flotsam and Jerbait Islands (which are so close that they'll probably be featured as one) and that's pretty much all. Unless Telltale wants to reuse islands between episodes, I believe there'll be some new ones (2 sets are simply not enough!)

mappcb.jpg

• Like most, I would prefer to see all new islands, but if I had to choose, I would say Blood. Mostly, I hope that we won't be visiting Monkey Island. There's something about it that always seemed really dull to me. It was my least favorite part of both Secret and Escape.

• @CaptainWicket said: I hope that we won't be visiting Monkey Island. There's something about it that always seemed really dull to me. It was my least favorite part of both Secret and Escape.

I kind of feel the same way....... Flotsam actually reminded me alot of Monkey Island.... so if they go there in this game it will seem kind of repetitive.

I look forward to seeing some more unique Islands from TTG I have faith they will show us something special.

• Making the game appealing for new audiences meant some other old favorites had to be left behind, a fact which may not sit well with longtime fans of the series. "Some old faces will occasionally make an appearance, but for the most part, Tales of Monkey Island takes place on a whole new set of islands, having too many old characters return might feel forced," Darin explains.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93474-Telltale-Insult-Sword-Fightings-Been-Done-to-Death

Can any TellTale member elaborate on those five words? Puh-leeze?

• I doubt the flotsam jungle will be part of a later episode... But the town? Sure, I can see it making a return. ;)

• @Megaloman said: There's a courthouse we never got to visit and an episode with the word trial in it so chances are we get to see Flotsam more than once.

I believe the map on narwhal covers the entire area in Tales

I really hope that there'll be more than that. I mean, there are Jerkbait Islands, Rock of Gelato ( a pretty dull place to set an episode) and... Flotsam. Simply not enough! If they can't think of anything new, please reuse Blood/Plunder :)

• @feverfew said: I really hope that there'll be more than that. I mean, there are Jerkbait Islands, Rock of Gelato ( a pretty dull place to set an episode) and... Flotsam. Simply not enough! If they can't think of anything new, please reuse Blood/Plunder :)

Just realised that there's another episode, Lair of the Leviathan, that does not seem to need an entire new island, just a new large location. But who knows, I for one would be thrilled if we get to visit some of the older islands!

• I don't really care that much about older islands because:

1) they will look significantly different (except maybe the ones from EfMI)
    2) it's just a name after all

What I WOULD like to see is some NIGHT time islands and hopefully one island per episode.

Add Comment