User Avatar Image

Telltale's Next Series

posted by PariahKing on - last edited - Viewed by 801 users

So W&G just ended. We've got TMI right now.

We've also got CSI: Deadly Intent.

Now, do you think we're going to hear about another series soon that'll be releasing alongside MI or do you think MI will be "monopolizing" attention - not that I'd be complaining - for the next five months, with Deadly Intent being released in Fall as our "alternative" series? S&M is in pre-production still, so I don't expect that.

If I had to make a bet a season two of SBCG4AP would be the next entry. All the characters in the whole series have already been modeled and all the areas. It seems like it would be EXCEPTIONALLY recyclable without feeling cheap.

Or something totally random and new like Telltale likes to seem to do - surprise us randomly.

117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not sure when we will hear what the next series will be, or when to expect it, but I guarantee that it is well into production.

• I would be so psyched to hear day of the tentacle with all the original voice actors, and awesome new story! Though, i'm not sure it could work with episodic releases. :D

• @quickfics said: Not sure when we will hear what the next series will be, or when to expect it, but I guarantee that it is well into production.

Agreed.

As for DoTT, I think that may happen but not so soon.

• Psychonauts!
    Oh, I hope. I hope.

• @Maxilyah said: Psychonauts!
    Oh, I hope. I hope

I own that but never played it.

Actually I've bought or dug up old games my mom owned (like 50) I've never played that are apparently awesome. About to play LOOM, then AVS, then Grim Fandango. Then probably Pscyhonauts. Need to wait for my Xbox Controller to arrive so I can stand those awful Grim controls - it was fine in EMI but without the little "word bar" it's driving me nuts in standard style. Hooray for Xpadder.

• Sam & Max Season 3 sounds pretty likely to me, actually. Not straight away, of course, but it feels like it'll be the next thing announced.

• Yeah, I agree with Shwoo.
    And if I had to make the decision whether they were to release Sam & Max Season Three or Psychonauts... Two, I would definitely choose Sam & Max.
    (Sorry, Raz) XD

• @Shwoo said: Sam & Max Season 3 sounds pretty likely to me, actually. Not straight away, of course, but it feels like it'll be the next thing announced.

This'd be logical. TMI until the end of the year, plus CSI: Deadly Intent. Then after TMI closes up shop Sam and Max 3 segways into to catch the old MI fan base who are new to Telltale.

• @Maxilyah said: Yeah, I agree with Shwoo.
    And if I had to make the decision whether they were to release Sam & Max Season Three or Psychonauts... Two, I would definitely choose Sam & Max.
    (Sorry, Raz) XD

Don't think TTG will pick up Psychonaut liscensing at all. Tim Schaffer is still pretty much active with Double Fine, and for a young company, the last thing they would want to, is to give up any franchise they own. Psychonaut is barely 5 years old anyway. Guess we need to knock on Double Fine's door to get them committed with a sequel. Petition anyone?

As for DoTT, I think LucasArts will evaluate a few episodes of ToMI first to see if it is of enough interest to allow the development of another franchise. So, if there's any news of new games, it will come probably late this year. And unless there are super game developers here, the likelihood that a new series comes out just when ToMI finish is remote. Very remote.

So what is TTG up to? So far, they are still secretive about it, but my bet is another S&M series coming soon (like a few months) after the last ToMI episode. There will also be a lot of developments and porting to ride the craze of monkey island while it is still hot. Making ToMI in other languages and availability to other platform will be a more economical decision than to rush up with another franchise.

Of course, we wouldn't know if another big name creator, similar to Aardman, approaching TTG for a series development. With external investors, projects will be fast and furious, and games will be released before you can say "huh?"

I really hope Neil Gaiman would just casually send TTG a note, asking them to develop The Sandman. Or maybe Wiley Miller asking for a series of Non Sequitur game.

• Maybe a new Tex Murphy game? We know it's actually in preproduction, maybe it will be developed by telltale.

Add Comment