User Avatar Image

Episode 1 - Chapter 3 Bug?

posted by Aeterna on - last edited - Viewed by 165 users

So, I managed to not really get pulling the lever with the sleeping bee, and did previously throw a piece of cheese next to the recordplayer in the basement.
But I also saw that I could pick up a piece of cheese from the samples again; which really screws up the remote as it can't go anywhere as there's 2 pieces of the wesleydale cheeses.

I also tries to throw the piece of cheese away but couldn't use it anywhere at all... so, am i just fucked now? :(

4 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Get the gorgonzola from Dibbins, that should set things right. Unless you're going for the achievement, then you'll have to start over.

• @Gibbeynator said: Get the gorgonzola from Dibbins, that should set things right. Unless you're going for the achievement, then you'll have to start over.

I have. But the situation is like this:
    There's wensleydale on top of the giant beehive with the record player.
    There's wensleydale with gromit.
    There's Gorgonzola with gromit.

So I get the sniffer3000 towards me by telling it to go to gorgonzola, but then I should tell it to go to wensleydale on top, but it can't since gromit also has some.

I can't move anywhere with the sniffer3000 and I can't seem to get rid of the 2nd wensleydale sample.

• @Aeterna said: So I get the sniffer3000 towards me by telling it to go to gorgonzola, but then I should tell it to go to wensleydale on top, but it can't since gromit also has some.

I can't move anywhere with the sniffer3000 and I can't seem to get rid of the 2nd wensleydale sample.

This is the well known "too much cheese" bug. Confirmed by Telltale programmers but never fixed due to time and/or budget constraints. - The game should not have allowed you to pick up a second Wensleydale sample, but it did. Therefore there is no other option than to re-start the game from the beginning, unless you have a bookmark saved somewhere before you picked up that second Wensleydale sample.

• @Nightsurfer said: This is the well known "too much cheese" bug. Confirmed by Telltale programmers but never fixed due to time and/or budget constraints. - The game should not have allowed you to pick up a second Wensleydale sample, but it did. Therefore there is no other option than to re-start the game from the beginning, unless you have a bookmark saved somewhere before you picked up that second Wensleydale sample.

I kinda figured it'd be something like that. I already went through the hassle of going through a very large chunk of the game, nearly from the start as I had a bookmark there.

Thanks for the link as well. Shame of that bug really, was kind of tedious to simply repeat everything.

Add Comment