User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the way i see it, is that some maps are ment for wii users and others for pc. so, the wii started with a bunch of maps and so far these can only be unlocked via the tiki-code thingy. the newsletter map appears on th pc, but not on the wii...if i got that right. this should not be a problem for wii users, since the prize is the same as the one you could already get by using the tiki from map #6. also, the avatar prize from map #2 is the same as the prize from map #3 and since map 2 is unlocked by completing map 1 and the website sends this info to your game, which i assume is not working for the wii, this is probably pc only as well.
    so, in conclusion:
    1, 2 and 7 are PC maps and
    1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are wii maps.

in the end the pc user will have the same prizes as the wii users and also there will be a double set of rewards with the exception of the wallpapers, since this is the starting map for both systems. that is probably why telltale is totally fine with people playing with the tiki codes, since it doesn't steal y anything from them and you could probably not play the wii maps on pc anyway.
    the wii user should be able to get all their prizes already, but pc users still need to find some maps.
    there will probably be new maps for the further episodes.

• Ok, I'm starting to get this(and by that I mean I got the demo and am using it to treasure hunt along with the wiiware version to get the codes), but the 7th map was gotten on a newsleter, I dont get monkey island newsletters, so is there any way to get this map, and the link someone posted here didnt have it either, also what is the prize fo rmap 7, is it already a prize that came with the wiiware version?

• indeed, the prize for map #7 is exactly the same as #6 and by that i mean it's the same code even. you probably can't use it twice, so unless you simply want your treasure hunt account to be complete, you don't need to play it on pc and wii..

...does nobody read my posts? come on, there usually is a tiny bit of valuable info under all that nonsense.:D

• lol i guessed the code for 2 of the maps.. though one doesn't seem to be appearing in game.

• I haven't unlocked map #3,9,10

• @wisp said: indeed, the prize for map #7 is exactly the same as #6 and by that i mean it's the same code even. you probably can't use it twice, so unless you simply want your treasure hunt account to be complete, you don't need to play it on pc and wii..

I couldn't resist to try fiddeling with the idol codes just once and got the #6 prize. I had already used the #7 prize to buy Strong Bad half off and even though I now have all the games I had to try to put something in the shopping cart to see if I could use the coupon again. I couldn't.

• @Okinawa said: I haven't unlocked map #3,9,10

Ok, I know for a fact, map #3 is found on the wiiware version(it was the avatars pack anyway) 9 and 10 I don't think was released.
    EDIT: also, is there any way to download the avatars, they still dont work, so I tried copy and paste, but that gives me this wierd brown screen that shows up outside of the avatar that doesnt make it look so hot, and the forum taht said how to fix it didnt fix it at all.
    EDIT2: and that forum nw has copied and pasted it without the brown screen and it works now,.

• Sorry i am confused by all this, if i have the pc version, and have not played with the tiki, how many maps (and what numbers will they be) should i have now?

Add Comment