User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood, CSI: Hard Evidence (finished it a day or two ago), GTA China Town Wars

• Kings Quest I - III the free VGA remakes.

• Right now I'm playing The Shivah, a really good dialogue based adventure game by Wadjet Eye Games (the same company that made the Blackwell series). Seems like it's very short and the puzzles so far have been really easy, but the writing is truly excellent and believable!

• Wii Sports Resort

It's just as exhausting as the original title that came free, but well worth the price. I particularly like the sword play game that came with it, though I can live without the canoing game. I stink like month-old cabbage at the 3-point Challenge basketball game, however.

• finally got garrys mod and im glad i did its really fun

• @Zeek said: Wii Sports Resort

It's just as exhausting as the original title that came free, but well worth the price. I particularly like the sword play game that came with it, though I can live without the canoing game. I stink like month-old cabbage at the 3-point Challenge basketball game, however.

pretty much what he said, but add tales of monkey island treasure hunting mode.

• Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective, Wallace & Gromit: The Bogey Man!, and I'm replaying Ben There, Dan That!, which I thoroughly suggest some of you do as well.

• I decided to put Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis on hiatus indefinitely. It is not good at all in my books, with nothing to offer other than pure inventory puzzle. The character isn't even memorable.

Decided instead to start Mata Hari 2 hours back, and WOW! I was so blown away by the background, the characters and the dialogues. Even the puzzle doesn't come across as old. The producer of Indiana Jones still have that kick in them!

Now, I'm just gonna try finishing it up soonish.

• @britt12334 said:
    Secret of Monkey islandjust started today and its been pretty awesome. just noticed the max costume in the costume shop

The costume shop would be rather in in LeChuck's Revenge, I guess, not in the first game.

BTW, in the old Secret of Monkey Island, is that Max in the picture in the Scumm Bar kitchen? Looks a bit like it.
    (BTW, I thought the SE of the game we ok, but the original is much more playable with the verb interface close by...., and for me personally, the old graphics had a real feel-good effect to me, whereas the new ones looked a bit...je ne sais quoi, and the dialogue was not as I had imagined it for 20 years, :mad: lol, I guess I am too old for this :) )

Add Comment