User Avatar Image

xbox 360 NXE Update showing Monkey Island avatar items

posted by Aeterna on - last edited - Viewed by 424 users

Heya guys,

I just stumbled upon this and I must say it looks really good.
The entire video is a preview or "Quick Look" of the update, and from around 11min in it'll show the Monkey Island items for your avatar. I must say they look really good.

Link

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @WinterSnowblind said: Best thing about the new dashboard is the speed though, no more massive amount of lag while trying to load things on the marketplace.

    Sure is. I was so frustrated with the 360 freezing just about everytime I used the guide button. And now it's gone and I'm frustration free.

    As for the avatar items, I can't say I'm interested in buying any but I do like the sound of avatar awards. Hopefully developers like Telltale & LucasArts can put some of them into their existing XBLA games and any future releases.

  • Meh, I bought my Newsboy Hat and Goggles (160 points), so I'm good. :p

    And the Treasure shirt is pretty blurry even up close. How in the world are people supposed to read it while looking at their friends list?

  • @WinterSnowblind said:
    Best thing about the new dashboard is the speed though, no more massive amount of lag while trying to load things on the marketplace.

    New dashboard, when was there a new dashboard, or did you mean the dashboard that came out last year that let you use make and stuff.

  • there's an update coming to the 360 soon which fixes a few problems and adds new things (like the avatar marketplace).

    the reason why some of us are talking about it before it is released is because we are part of a preview program that Microsoft created.

  • @corruptbiggins said: there's an update coming to the 360 soon which fixes a few problems and adds new things (like the avatar marketplace).

    the reason why some of us are talking about it before it is released is because we are part of a preview program that Microsoft created.

    Cool, how do you sign up, and please dont tell me its gold subscription only, my gold account just ended and I probably wont renue, because the only reason I had gold was becasue it was for a buck in July:o.

  • @Gman5852 said: Cool, how do you sign up, and please dont tell me its gold subscription only, my gold account just ended and I probably wont renue, because the only reason I had gold was becasue it was for a buck in July:o.

    The preview is gold only, but in the next week or two it will launch for real and anyone can get it with a silver membership after that.

  • @Pale Man said: The preview is gold only, but in the next week or two it will launch for real and anyone can get it with a silver membership after that.

    It's not but I think the sign up is closed anyway.

  • nice props.
    I wonder how long it takes until Tales becomes available on the 360

  • @corruptbiggins said: It's not but I think the sign up is closed anyway.

    So, it ws for silver accounts, but it's too late to sign up anyway?
    EDIT: also, does anyone know when it will come out to non preview people.

  • yes I believe that is the case. Think it was about 3 weeks ago that the sign up period was started. I was selected in the 1st wave and got the update about a week ago.

    As for full release, I think it's scheduled for the 11th of August.

Add Comment