User Avatar Image

Have you played every Monkey Island??

posted by TheSwordmaster on - last edited - Viewed by 211 users

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm looking forward to the new chapter :)

Is it just me or was the 1st pretty easy?? Having played all the games the puzzles seem pretty simple. After all the crazy stuff they've had us all doing in the past the stupid stuff seemed the most logical.
Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tenticle... the list goes on lol. Love these kinda games so played them all.
I did the 1st chapter in a few hours. Needs to be a bit harder lol :D
But its awesome to see Monkey Island back out there!!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Welcome to the forums! Yes, I have played every Monkey Island game + many many fangames as well. :D

• Sadly no:( I've only played launch of the screaming narwhal. Thank you Telltale for making it with newcomers in mind. I have been thinking about getting monkey island special edition, and escape for PS2 as well

• I played every Monkey Island game, several times :D
    And also tons of point & click adventures from LucasArts, Telltale, Revolution, and many more.
    It's true Tales of MI chapter 1 is not very hard, but keep in mind it is also meant for players new to the MI series (especially since it's been 9 years since the last game). The difficulty will increase as the Tales unfold, like it did in Telltale's other series :)

• @Gman5852 said: Sadly no:( I've only played launch of the screaming narwhal. Thank you Telltale for making it with newcomers in mind. I have been thinking about getting monkey island special edition, and escape for PS2 as well

That's one of the truly underrated qualities of the Monkey Island franchise and one reason I feel like it was a good idea for them to not be enumerated. While they have a specific order, they all follow the epic formula of starting in medias res so you can really jump into any of them regardless of which others you have played. Unless you're a stickler like me who likes to have played all the old games before the new one comes out, like I did with Super Mario Bros. before New Super Mario Bros. came out which is entirely pointless:D.

• Yep, played them all and loved them all (even Escape which had more than a few dodgy moments). MI2 was one of the first games that really stuck with me. The art, the music the writing: everything just worked with that game. CMI is also a damn fine looking game - sadly lost that one so haven't played it since it was released! Launch of the Screaming Narwhal was very enjoyable - it feels like there are shades of LeChuck's Revenge throughout which is fantastic. Bring on Chapter 2!

• Sadly, no.. The only other Monkey Island game i played was Escape... although i really want to change that now.

• @RankoSao said: Sadly, no.. The only other Monkey Island game i played was Escape... although i really want to change that now.

According to everyone else on the forums you're not missing anything. I would know though. I played LeChuck's Revenge and thought that it was the end of the series so I never played curse or escape.

• @bigdondoo said: According to everyone else on the forums you're not missing anything. I would know though. I played LeChuck's Revenge and thought that it was the end of the series so I never played curse or escape.

I think she's saying that she hasn't played Secret, Revenge, or Curse, which means most people on this forum would berate her. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal, I loved Escape although I would recommend the others considering I do think they are better.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Welcome to the forums! Yes, I have played every Monkey Island game + many many fangames as well. :D

Me too!!! I even watched some people making movies of Monkey Island... I still remember a very disturbing one which was responsible for my monkey-in-my-pocket-syndrom.....

• I've played them all - the first Monkey Island I had was still on the big old b: disc floppies that you had to lock in and unlock to get out. I still have it - surely it's a collectors item by now :)
    My Dad bought the original for me and my wee sister in 1990-ish to keep us quiet on rainy Saturdays when my mum was at work...little did he know that almost 20 years later we would both get this excited over a new one coming out!! We were excited enough when the second one came out...

Add Comment