User Avatar Image

Telltale Doctor Who Game? (Merged Threads)

posted by Dan2593 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

How would one make a Doctor Who game?
Shooter? No
RPG? Nah
Platformer? Maybe
Top Trumps game? Really? No.
Fighter? God no
Point and Click? Yes!

So who should do it?
Rare? British, show interest in the show on twitter. But no.
Top Trumps? No. Why did they do that to begin with?
BBC? No No No No
LucasArts? Stick their name on another popular Sci Fi series? No
Telltale? Yes!
Doctor who has been practially begging for a game for years. But something so story driven is a bit difficult to put into game format. You need something that seems you are playing a tv show. A point and click could work for this. It could also help the players think. Put them in the doctors shoes as he unravels a mystery. Then an episodic content would work even better. Make it seem just like a tv series.

But what about style? How about:

799429.jpg

I hope Telltale actually consider this one day. What about you? How do you feel on these ideas? Would they work?

194 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ben Paddon said: Actually, you're thinking about something that happened part-way through "The Forest of the Dead", which was the second part of the story in question. It was never a cliffhanger.

    I don't know how the episode was shown where you live, but here that was the cliffhanger for the end of the first library episode.

  • @Badwolf said: I don't know how the episode was shown where you live, but here that was the cliffhanger for the end of the first library episode.

    Really? That bit is halfway through the second episode, or at least it was here in the UK. The cliffhanger to the first episode was resolved by River Song using the squareness gun, if that's what you're thinking of?

  • Actually, thinking about it, you're probably right. Memory's playing tricks on me.

  • User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

    @Badwolf said: Actually, thinking about it, you're probably right. Memory's playing tricks on me.


    Here, a Sonic Screwdriver, will fix it.

  • I can imagine a scene in a Doctor Who game, where you need to open a locked door to escape an exploding space ship.

    "I can't use a sonic screwdriver on that!"

    *Looks playfully at the player*

  • Well if they did do a Doctor Who game which doctor would they use the 10th or the 11th?

  • @mr_nutt said: Well if they did do a Doctor Who game which doctor would they use the 10th or the 11th?

    10th hopefuly I love david

  • you mean another Doctor who game last i counted there were what 5?6? doctor who games out there some just plain horrible but theres a good platformer out there...

    As for the sonic screwdriver it's actually in the series notes that the doctors screwdriver cannot be used to solve a cliffhanger/finish a story this dates back to the 80's when the series producer at the time had it destroyed and never allowed back in the original series due to over use.

  • @Marach said: you mean another Doctor who game last i counted there were what 5?6? doctor who games out there some just plain horrible but theres a good platformer out there...

    As for the sonic screwdriver it's actually in the series notes that the doctors screwdriver cannot be used to solve a cliffhanger/finish a story this dates back to the 80's when the series producer at the time had it destroyed and never allowed back in the original series due to over use.


    5th Doctor episode actually

  • @Sailorcuteness said: 10th hopefuly I love david

    yeah he did the role perfectly in my opinion. i just wish he wouldve stayed longer :( theres so much more they couldve done with him. tho seeing as if they make the game it wont be for a year or so most likely, it'll be the next one im sure. matt smith i believe his name is?

Add Comment