User Avatar Image

yay we finaly have a relese date

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 276 users

20th!! now I can mark the days

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Excellent! August 20th it is! Until then, I'll be replaying Launch of the Screaming Narwhal until my eyes bleed.

• Everybody, I wouldn't recommend f5ing ttg till it bleeds to death on release day. The earliest release I could imagine would be 6pmPST/2amGMT. It is more than likely we will get it around 9-10pmPST. So, just think happy thoughts and check it around those times instead of midnight to release second.

• so this means ill be playing Chapter 1 on Aug 19th just to catch up on the storyline again -=0

• @StLouisRibs said: Everybody, I wouldn't recommend f5ing ttg till it bleeds to death on release day. The earliest release I could imagine would be 6pmPST/2amGMT. It is more than likely we will get it around 9-10pmPST. So, just think happy thoughts and check it around those times instead of midnight to release second.

I was gonna check after midnight in the am of the 20th and if it's not there just get it later that night. :) 6-10 pm sounds good.

I'm not a fiend lol.

• The best part of the release being towards the the end of the month is that it shortens the wait for the next episode. So the the longest wait would be only be like 40 days. That sounds long but it this episode was released at the start of the month, the wait for ep3 could've been 60 days or more.

• @darknessofheart said: The best part of the release being towards the the end of the month is that it shortens the wait for the next episode. So the the longest wait would be only be like 40 days. That sounds long but it this episode was released at the start of the month, the wait for ep3 could've been 60 days or more.

Unless one of the episodes gets pushed back a month. *knock on wood*

Didnt one of the Season 2 eps of S&M get pushed back or am I confused?

• @Catfish33 said: Unless one of the episodes gets pushed back a month. *knock on wood*

Didnt one of the Season 2 eps of S&M get pushed back or am I confused?

No Telltale have hit every release schedule. With the Sam & Max seasons episode 2 would be released 2 months after episode 1 though. Then it was monthly after that.

• Somehow I had gotten the impression that each episode was going to be released on the 5th of each month, so a release date of 8/20 is tremendously disappointing. Being my first purchase from TTG, I have no experience on other games' releases, but care would seem to be warranted, Hero1, regarding promises of making release dates; why not release the dates more than two weeks in advance (and, in this mind, a day late!) so that we eager fans can manage our expectations better? With this date, it only gives a max of 40 days for Ep3 to make release in September. Fans of the franchise have waited years for this, so a few days may not seem like a bit more - but we've had a taste, and we're rabid for the rest. Right now it seems I am alone in this sentiment, but, as a new customer to TTG who happens to like some of the other brands you represent, I hope you can hear the valid points of this for future work.

BTW - loved chapter 1. Keep it up.

• @meander said: I hate that it's called Pacific time... New Zealand is in the Pacific too but we're 19 hours ahead of Telltale Time.

Okay then...the official time zone is UTC-8.

Now no-one else can try and spin it and complain when it doesn't come out on the 20th in their time zone! :p

Add Comment