User Avatar Image

All info about the Treasure Hunt ***Spoiler***

posted by Shish keJoe on - last edited - Viewed by 570 users

I've seen a fair number of posts about the Treasure hunt aspect of the Tales of Monkey Island game, in an attempt to anwser most of them i've made this post.

NOTICE: This contains a fair amount of spoilers, so to the people who wanna figure it all out over the natural course of time >>> STOP READING NOW <<<

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN ADVANCE!!! (I'll be using no further Spoiler Tags)

Ok, at the date of the Original Post of this topic July 28, 2009 there are only 2 map that can (officially be found) i say officially cause actually there are 6 Totems you can unlock on the Treasure Hunt website after you use the correct codes on the totem puzzle.

I'm not going to give you the Correct Combinations to unlock thoose 4 extra Totems, what i will do is tell you what thoose totems offer you as rewards.

1) SHUTTLEMOC: Gives you the Voodoo Lady Wallpapers
2) ESK'RGOH: Gives you Avatars
3) THINKIKAN: Gives you the same Avatars as Esk'rgoh (for some reason)
4) DSHRAHG: Gives you a $5 coupon code you can use on an order that costs at least $8.95 in the store
5) VRUM: Gives you a 50% reduction code you can use when you buy a single episode from the store
6) OWCHEE: Gives you a 50% reduction code you can use when you buy an entire Season from the store (not to be used on Tales of Monkey Island itself)
7) IKKPTOO: Gives you the Same reward (50% discout on a full season) as Owchee. This Treasure map was officially released with the Telltale Interloper e-mail Newsletter.
8) HAIGHNO: Gives you access to the "Caribbean Journal" a *.PDF file full of Concept Art. (Adobe Reader needed to open the *.PDF file)

These 6 totems can be unlocked 2 by doing the subsequent maps in game (thoose give you Shuttlemoc & Esk'rgoh, the other 4 can be won through various combinations on the totem puzzle.

Solving the Totem Puzzle:
Every tier of the Puzzle has got 4 different parts so thats a nice amount of possible combo's you can try out. The best way for getting them all is assigning numbers to each and solve em all in sequence like:

Top: 1
Middle: 1
Bottom: 1

Then Do:

Top: 1
Middle: 1
Bottom: 2

And so forth till you get it all down to 4.
Soon you'll have done all combo's and you can start using your Rewards.

I hope this solved some questions!!!

-------------------------
Edit Log

08/04/2009: Added IKKPTOO Information (Thanks to ponk)
08/07/2009: Added HAIGHNO Information (Thanks to sanguinehearts)
08/13/2009: Added HAIGHNO Reward Information (Thanks to mrschaatsbergen through "Private Message")

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @sanguinehearts said: I just unlocked ' Haighno - God of Winds that Blow Up Skirts that Really Should Stay Down ' using the totem but there is no prize on the page.

Updating the OP with this fine piece of information!

• That is weird... Maybe we caught it before they;d finished setting up this reward? Could be linked to the Episode 2 release, but seems awful early to be setting up for it too.

• @ponk said: That is weird... Maybe we caught it before they;d finished setting up this reward? Could be linked to the Episode 2 release, but seems awful early to be setting up for it too.

In any case it's added to the OP as soon as a reward is added i'll update.

PS: If your piece of information is the first in the topic you'll get credited in the Update Log (seems only fair).
    PPS: I'll check if the information is correct before adding it to the OP so don't claim things that aren't true or i might just ignore you for the rest of the topic.

• @Shish keJoe said: If your piece of information is the first in the topic you'll get credited in the Update Log (seems only fair).

Awww, I didn't get the credit for giving the info on IKKPTOO :(

• @ponk said: Awww, I didn't get the credit for giving the info on IKKPTOO :(

Sorry, didn't see the time stamp on your edited relpy... Next time just make a new reply... keeps it easier otherwise i gotta read over every reply ever given and mishaps will happen then.

Anyway the error is corrected if honor is to be given to someone it at least must be given to the right person!

• Usually I would repost - although I dunno what the TTG forums' stance is on double-posting - but that one was just a spelling correction for a typo or two.

Anyways, anyone find any more winning combinations? I retried the positive combinations I had that didn't give any new listings, finding the one for HAIGHNO on the way, but no others came up. Did TTG give a window for how often new codes would arrive at any point? I have seven wining combos left that don't give a result.

Averaging them out over the time until the end of the series would give us two a month, including the surfacing of HAIGHNO as one of the August offerings, but that doesn't count the other combinations that haven't been 'officially' posted anywhere. Has anyone seen any of those combinations anywhere across the web? Not really sure where we are meant to be looking for them anyway!

• they HAD to know we would...there's only 64 possible combinations...doesnt take very long to go through them all

• Do the 50% off season codes work on Season Upgrades?

• @KingBroly said: Do the 50% off season codes work on Season Upgrades?

No, you'll have to just buy the full season and pay half of that. I assume, like me, you used your free episode and now you want the full season?

• Right... all slots filled. Now we wait to see what appears as the prize for the final one!

Add Comment