User Avatar Image

TOMI's Islands

posted by dariodario89 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

After FLOTSAM ISLAND, which already known islands would you like to see in the game? I would like to see Plunder Island and Blood Island...

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • just out of curiosity are we sure the game is even set in the tri-island area cuz im pretty sure they mentioned a new area wen u look at the map

• Honestly, with us most likely visiting Flotsam Island, the Jerkbait Islands (plural), the Rock of Gelato, and Spinner Cay in future episodes (and the constraints of Telltale's production schedule). I highly doubt we'd be revisiting any old islands at all.

Plus, not to mention Flotsam and the like are in the Gulf of Melange not the Tri-Island Area. It would seem odd to sail all the way to another part of the Caribbean for just one episode.

Edit:

There's also the chance that a good part of one or more episodes will take place at sea.

• @turingmachine604 said: Honestly, with us most likely visiting Flotsam Island, the Jerkbait Islands (plural), the Rock of Gelato, and Spinner Cay in future episodes (and the constraints of Telltale's production schedule). I highly doubt we'd be revisiting any old islands at all.

Plus, not to mention Flotsam and the like are in the Gulf of Melange not the Tri-Island Area. It would seem odd to sail all the way to another part of the Caribbean for just one episode.

Edit:

There's also the chance that a good part of one or more episodes will take place at sea.

I really doubt that the Rock of Gelato will be used as an only location for a single episode. Come to think of it, it's pretty small and dull (as far as we know). Moreover, I bet Spinner Cay's just a part of Jerkbait Islands. I believe that these two NW are Jerkbaits, with the Cay between them. Recent artworks of the Vaycaylian (?) city resemble the structure seen on the map, so it'd be probable. The Jerkbait Islands will probably feature as the location of the next episode.

The episode on the sea would be fine, but how would it look like? On several ships? On one? What about the characters? I doubt they'd give us that (though it'd be a treat, if made right).

We don't know the distance between the Tri-Island Area and the Gulf of Melange. It's possible that they border each other, so some crossings between them would not be impossible :) But I realise that to introduce an old island and recapture its oldschool charm would be a hellishly difficult thing to do right.

Maybe, Monkey Island will feature. I pray for Blood, but it's nigh impossible in this situation. Oh well, I can take everything, as long as I get one charming night-time island (see Blood) :p

• marzipan... for reasons I can't explain...

• A sea episode, particularly if it's Lair of the Leviathan, could actually take place underwater (since one would assume a giant sea creature would have its lair in an undersea cave). This could also mean visiting a mermaid city!

As to breathing... well Guybrush can hold his breath ten minutes... or there's always voodoo spells...

• A large island like Plunder/Blood wouldn't be possible in 3D with the Wii's 40 MB limit, though. Unless they cut down most of the areas (ex - going to the Plunder island port for something).

• didnt someone from telltale say in an interview regarding if we see old islands, "that may be possible." and the word may was important for him (as in melee). an from the structur of this sentence and with a little thinking, it sounded like "that melee island be possible".
    Sure no true fact, but nethertheless a small posibillity.

• Spittle and Pinchpenny, two islands in EMI that were on the map, but you couldn't go there.

• @SDvsRaw said: Spittle and Pinchpenny, two islands in EMI that were on the map, but you couldn't go there.

They looked far too touristy for my liking

• Huh? We've never seen Spittle or Pinchpenny, why should they be touristy?

Add Comment