User Avatar Image

All info about the Treasure Hunt ***Spoiler***

posted by Shish keJoe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I've seen a fair number of posts about the Treasure hunt aspect of the Tales of Monkey Island game, in an attempt to anwser most of them i've made this post.

NOTICE: This contains a fair amount of spoilers, so to the people who wanna figure it all out over the natural course of time >>> STOP READING NOW <<<

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN ADVANCE!!! (I'll be using no further Spoiler Tags)

Ok, at the date of the Original Post of this topic July 28, 2009 there are only 2 map that can (officially be found) i say officially cause actually there are 6 Totems you can unlock on the Treasure Hunt website after you use the correct codes on the totem puzzle.

I'm not going to give you the Correct Combinations to unlock thoose 4 extra Totems, what i will do is tell you what thoose totems offer you as rewards.

1) SHUTTLEMOC: Gives you the Voodoo Lady Wallpapers
2) ESK'RGOH: Gives you Avatars
3) THINKIKAN: Gives you the same Avatars as Esk'rgoh (for some reason)
4) DSHRAHG: Gives you a $5 coupon code you can use on an order that costs at least $8.95 in the store
5) VRUM: Gives you a 50% reduction code you can use when you buy a single episode from the store
6) OWCHEE: Gives you a 50% reduction code you can use when you buy an entire Season from the store (not to be used on Tales of Monkey Island itself)
7) IKKPTOO: Gives you the Same reward (50% discout on a full season) as Owchee. This Treasure map was officially released with the Telltale Interloper e-mail Newsletter.
8) HAIGHNO: Gives you access to the "Caribbean Journal" a *.PDF file full of Concept Art. (Adobe Reader needed to open the *.PDF file)

These 6 totems can be unlocked 2 by doing the subsequent maps in game (thoose give you Shuttlemoc & Esk'rgoh, the other 4 can be won through various combinations on the totem puzzle.

Solving the Totem Puzzle:
Every tier of the Puzzle has got 4 different parts so thats a nice amount of possible combo's you can try out. The best way for getting them all is assigning numbers to each and solve em all in sequence like:

Top: 1
Middle: 1
Bottom: 1

Then Do:

Top: 1
Middle: 1
Bottom: 2

And so forth till you get it all down to 4.
Soon you'll have done all combo's and you can start using your Rewards.

I hope this solved some questions!!!

-------------------------
Edit Log

08/04/2009: Added IKKPTOO Information (Thanks to ponk)
08/07/2009: Added HAIGHNO Information (Thanks to sanguinehearts)
08/13/2009: Added HAIGHNO Reward Information (Thanks to mrschaatsbergen through "Private Message")

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I assume Haighno will be either $5 off an order or 50% off an episode, since the rewards for PC and Wii are supposed to be the same.

• @Pale Man said: I assume Haighno will be either $5 off an order or 50% off an episode, since the rewards for PC and Wii are supposed to be the same.

Is the prize this one already available for Wii users then? Otherwise, I've got a feeling it might be a free episode and the code will only work for a very short time so that it doesn't end up spread around the internet.

• @guitarsareboring said: No, you'll have to just buy the full season and pay half of that. I assume, like me, you used your free episode and now you want the full season?

That would definitely be a Yes. Although if I had an extra single episode coupon I could just buy 2 episodes of Strong Bad since I already have the first 2 episodes on Wii.

• @KingBroly said: That would definitely be a Yes. Although if I had an extra single episode coupon I could just buy 2 episodes of Strong Bad since I already have the first 2 episodes on Wii.

Hmm you could also put out a plea for an episode code donation? I guess there are plenty of people who already have the entire catalogue and it's unlikely those codes will still work when Telltale launch a new series.

• I sorta skimmed over the thread itself, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to post how to get the maps without messing around the code thing? It seems a bit cheap to me to just use that instead of finding the maps themselves.

• @Ranok said: I sorta skimmed over the thread itself, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to post how to get the maps without messing around the code thing? It seems a bit cheap to me to just use that instead of finding the maps themselves.

At the moment we're not really sure, to be honest. Of the maps we have found, the only 'properly' found ones are SHUTTLEMOC and ESK'RGOH, which are the ones there when you start, and IKKPTOO which you get if you were subscribed to the Telltale newsletter when they announced the game. The rest are meant to be hidden across different websites or something, not really sure.

• @Ranok said: I sorta skimmed over the thread itself, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to post how to get the maps without messing around the code thing? It seems a bit cheap to me to just use that instead of finding the maps themselves.

I was thinking that myself, doesnt seem right to just go "guessing" the codes.

• The prize for Haighno is up now, it is glorious and unique :D :D :D

• @Pale Man said: The prize for Haighno is up now, it is glorious and unique :D :D :D

Ooooooooooooh!

• there should be a free game somewhere in there ^__^ if the treasure hunt description is true :D

Add Comment