User Avatar Image

do you actually laugh out loud??

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 269 users

when playing a monkey island game do you have a tendancy to grin, giggle, gaffaw, or just lose it??

i am the type that doesnt laugh out loud alot :) when i'm alone, i may giggle a little :rolleyes: at the funnier jokes but i rarely just LOL :D at jokes in games, tv, or video games. i do however laugh out loud :D when i'm with friends for some reason... idk why but it's just funnier for me when i have people with me to share something with :D:D:cool:

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't get it. Why do people need other people around to laugh?
    I laugh when I'm alone just as much as I do with friends if I see something fun on tv, computer etc. But I have a habbit of talking to myself too. And I always talk to the newspaper in the morning. I sing in the shower and I dance when I'm alone. So yeah, I LOL'd from time to time during most of the MI games :)

..should I see a doctor?

• I usually just chuckle if I'm alone, but there have definitely been a few moments in the series that made me guffaw. For ToMI, that moment was Guybrush's "girly throw" at the dock when you try to throw a bomb at Winslow. I don't know why, but I just found it so funny that I had to make him do it a few more times.

Another moment I remember laughing out loud was in CMI, when you are talking to Lemonhead. Guybrush says something like, "Oops, did I say I want to be a cannibal? I meant...cannonball! Yeah, I want to be a cannonball! WHOOSH!" Lemonhead replies, "You're not quite stable, are you?"

• @CaptainWicket said: Another moment I remember laughing out loud was in CMI, when you are talking to Lemonhead. Guybrush says something like, "Oops, did I say I want to be a cannibal? I meant...cannonball! Yeah, I want to be a cannonball! WHOOSH!" Lemonhead replies, "You're not quite stable, are you?"

lol, also in CMI when you show the skeleton arm with paste to Murray, he's like "You're a sad, strange little man." Demeaning people is fun.

• Yeah, Curse had plenty of LOL moments..As did #2, with that Skeleton Dance, and ofcourse when Guybrush stuffs a living dog down his pants.

• Playing SoMI SE and laughing hearty at that, "Tales of" is more of a "heh" game, but the characters feel a bit more lovable and the plot is more interesting. I also appreciate the better animation, and I like Guybrish with a beard more.

• Yeah, I've enjoyed the game so far, but the new and original characters in this series haven't really done anything for me yet. Kind of reminds me of LeChuck's Revenge. Great game, but alot of forgettable characters. :(

• @Tacobob said: Yeah, I've enjoyed the game so far, but the new and original characters in this series haven't really done anything for me yet. Kind of reminds me of LeChuck's Revenge. Great game, but alot of forgettable characters. :(

I agree. The character's in ToMI aren't memorable. Except for maybe De Singe and D'Oro ("How I loathe Pink Pajama Pierre..."). Winslow is not good at all in the 'Guybrush crewmen department'. In the past Guybrush's crews have all been terrific character, Winslow seems a little off. Even the almighty LeChuck seems forgettable. If I wasn't a fan of the series I'd forget all about the fearsome Zombie-Demon-Whatever. But mind me, love the game and LOLed a lot. Specially when De Singe is stuck inside the idol-thing. Priceless!

• @tmfm2000 said: But I have a habbit of talking to myself too. And I always talk to the newspaper in the morning. I sing in the shower and I dance when I'm alone.

thank god, I though i was the only one. I also talk to the tv, sometimes repeat lines i thought were delivered in a good way in a show i'm watching. :eek:

• It takes a very good or unexpected joke to make me laugh out loud, and that doesn't happen very often in games and very rarely after at least one play through.

Add Comment