User Avatar Image

do you actually laugh out loud??

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 446 users

when playing a monkey island game do you have a tendancy to grin, giggle, gaffaw, or just lose it??

i am the type that doesnt laugh out loud alot :) when i'm alone, i may giggle a little :rolleyes: at the funnier jokes but i rarely just LOL :D at jokes in games, tv, or video games. i do however laugh out loud :D when i'm with friends for some reason... idk why but it's just funnier for me when i have people with me to share something with :D:D:cool:

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SubSidal said: I agree. The character's in ToMI aren't memorable. Except for maybe De Singe and D'Oro ("How I loathe Pink Pajama Pierre..."). Winslow is not good at all in the 'Guybrush crewmen department'. In the past Guybrush's crews have all been terrific character, Winslow seems a little off. Even the almighty LeChuck seems forgettable. If I wasn't a fan of the series I'd forget all about the fearsome Zombie-Demon-Whatever. But mind me, love the game and LOLed a lot. Specially when De Singe is stuck inside the idol-thing. Priceless!

You don't see much of LeChuck, but he seemed on character to me. I think the loss of Earl Boen really hurt the character, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 100% Evil Free LeChuck.

Still, my problems aside, I'm enjoying the series so far. Telltale has been getting alot of my money as of lately. :)

• @Tacobob said: ...I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 100% Evil Free LeChuck.

That's the thing... I dont know if I quite agree that LeChuck's Evil can be sucked out of him... He was fearsome when he was alive and even pushed Grandpa Marley down the whirpool (or tried to... :p). I hope he's just pretending and deep inside his the same bloodthirsty villain we all love.

• I don't remind having LOL moments with any Monkey Island games. They are IMO chuckle games and that's what I do. I laughed with Sam and Max. Some moments are hylarious.

But I really like MI style of humour.

• Yeah, I remember having slight lol moments during Sam and Max. I never laughed during the first ep. of Tales. It was more of a giggle in my mind if anything.

• @SubSidal said: That's the thing... I dont know if I quite agree that LeChuck's Evil can be sucked out of him... He was fearsome when he was alive and even pushed Grandpa Marley down the whirpool (or tried to... :p). I hope he's just pretending and deep inside his the same bloodthirsty villain we all love.

Yeah, he was evil when alive..I think he was returned to life, and had all the "nasty" removed from him as well. That's why he is rosey cheeked..But we shall all find out soon.

• @tmfm2000 said: I don't get it. Why do people need other people around to laugh?

I don't need others to laugh out loud. It's just that things seem more funny with others around.

• I didn't laugh at all. However - that's not because of the game... I just never laugh at games/films/whathaveyou.

• I tend not to laugh openly about things, but I do in the Monkey Island games (and some others, like the Sam and Max games, anything by Tim Schafer, and so on).

• the d'oro the explorer line made me lol, then guybrush punches himself, and some of DeSinge's lines I lol'd too, most other times i just giggled

Add Comment