75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know why they cast different voice actors to Hit the Road, but I doubt the actors from the first games offered to reprise their roles and were turned down. More likely they weren't available, didn't want to do it, or were out of Telltale's price range.

• I think the current voice actors they are using for Sam and Max in seasons 1 and 2 are perfect. My favourite bit is when they did the sing-off against Jurgen in Night of the Raving Dead.

I wouldn't want them to change actors for Season 3. I think Telltale agrees that consistency is good, which is why they have Dominic Armato who is *THE* voice of Guybrush in all voiced Monkey Island games and even brought back the same Elaine from Curse and SOMI:SE.

• Bill Farmer's Sam is great, but I prefer David Nowlin. Farmer is more tough-guyish (he'd make a wonderful Flint Paper) while Nowlin is more cerebral and suave.

• I disagree. I think Season 3 should return to its voice acting roots, and actually allow Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson to bring authenticity back to the series. Besides, it's been three years. Give these two fine actors another chance, I beg you!

• Personally, it would probably lead to some scratching of heads if their voices change now. I think it would make an excellent season finale plot, however.

• Why wait until the season finale? I say bring on the drama NOW!

• @lattsam said: I disagree. I think Season 3 should return to its voice acting roots, and actually allow Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson to bring authenticity back to the series. Besides, it's been three years. Give these two fine actors another chance, I beg you!

Yeah, and let's tell David Nowlin and William Kasten that "hey guys, we've loved working with you, but now we're dumping you as we're returning to our roots (in other words, for no apparent reason)", huh? As Telltale's been satisfied with these guys, and most people posting on the topic seem to like them (I think they're very well cast, myself), I see simply no reason why Telltale should change if D.N. and W.K. are available.

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

@lattsam said: I disagree. I think Season 3 should return to its voice acting roots, and actually allow Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson to bring authenticity back to the series. Besides, it's been three years. Give these two fine actors another chance, I beg you!

Season 3 is going to appeal more to those that played Season 1 and 2, so the authenticity is the Season 1 and 2 actors.

There is clearly a reason why Bill Farmer and Nick didn't do the first two Seasons, and we're all comfortable with the new voices.

However - the theme must go back to Hit the Road! PLEEEEEEEEASE!

• All in all, haven't Nowlin and Kasten been playing the roles for longer than Farmer and Jameson? After all, they've done two seasons worth of recorded dialogue which is probably more than all of the dialogue in Hit The Road :)

• My advice: don't change anything.
    I'm happy with the current voices, and I didn't really like the Hit the Road voices. If there's one thing that bugs me in a game, it's a voice that I don't like, and I like all the voices so far.
    I trust Telltale to do things right, though. I'm sure this won't be like EMI where I said "eh, the first ones were better" after I played it.

Add Comment