User Avatar Image

do you actually laugh out loud??

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 254 users

when playing a monkey island game do you have a tendancy to grin, giggle, gaffaw, or just lose it??

i am the type that doesnt laugh out loud alot :) when i'm alone, i may giggle a little :rolleyes: at the funnier jokes but i rarely just LOL :D at jokes in games, tv, or video games. i do however laugh out loud :D when i'm with friends for some reason... idk why but it's just funnier for me when i have people with me to share something with :D:D:cool:

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Someone doesn't know how to use spoiler tags.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Someone doesn't know how to use spoiler tags.

Blame my alternate forum upbringing. ;) I'll sort it now...

• Interesting. What other forum uses that style?

• I'm on Keeping The British End Up, the MI6.co.uk forums - a dedicated James Bond fansite. The forums over there are slightly easier to navigate, but that may be because I've used only those for the past five or six years. :o I thought I'd give the TT forums a go, because I loved the free Sam & Max episode they gave away, and once I heard about MI returning I wanted to keep in the know.

...However, I digress. I liked the comedy in Narhwal, and thought that it kept in line with the latter Monkey Island games' style. Some gags did feel shoehorned in (the lathe/chicken gag being an obvious one), but on the whole I had more than one giggle while playing (the whole Guybrush/Elaine "Are you okay?" dialogue in the prologue, for example)...

• There were some fun moments in Mi5: Chapter 1 where I did giggle a lot. Indeed, the whole "are you okay" with Elaine, but also I laughed out loud with the books at the voodoo lady (especially the titles from the forum users) and the astma thing that Guybrush does with it. ;)

But Monkey Island 2 and 3 were the games that made me crack up (little buddy) the most (David Jones' locker from the book is a killer, dog and monkey stuffing in jacket, LaFoot with Guybrush on Skull Island etc.)

• I have to agree with thatdude98 -Maaaarrrccooooo!!! Pollooooo!! was a MI classic....

I laugh out loud at some of the visual gags and in-jokes more but both me and my Sis have developed a slightly warped sense of humour (I was 9 when I first played SOMI). Add to that a diet of Bottom, The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, The Brittas Empire, Men Behaving Badly, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield etc etc.

Guess I was pretty hosed from 'Deep in the Caribbean..' :D

• @Monkeybutton said: I have to agree with thatdude98 -Maaaarrrccooooo!!! Pollooooo!! was a MI classic....

I laugh out loud at some of the visual gags and in-jokes more but both me and my Sis have developed a slightly warped sense of humour (I was 9 when I first played SOMI). Add to that a diet of Bottom, The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, The Brittas Empire, Men Behaving Badly, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield etc etc.

Guess I was pretty hosed from 'Deep in the Caribbean..' :D

Yep. Me too.

• @SubSidal said: I agree EMI had some funny moments, but to me that wasn't one. The minute I saw his name I knew there was going to be that joke. Too predictable and not that funny.

Yes, I feel the same way.

Personally, I think MI2 has the most fun jokes in it where I did laugh out loud.

Add Comment