User Avatar Image

W&G stuck in screen . XBLA ver.

posted by bravesirrobin on - last edited - Viewed by 358 users

So I bought the game today and everything was going great. Other than a couple framerate issues and Wallace missing his pupils after saving Ms. Flit from the bees (Thought it was funny even though he looked demonically possessed).

Right after Gromit arrives in the truck and I turn the auto-pilot on, I'm stuck at the dashboard screen. There's a prompt, press B to exit, but it doesn't work. I've tried every combination of button presses to no avail. I tried the pause menu and exiting the game. But nothing works and now all I have is an unplayable save.

I don't want to restart my game, and there might be the possibility that it could happen again. Just hoping I'll get to play your game again sometime in the future, and I hope you'll fix this in an update. Cheers.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dustybug said:

Hopefully that wil be the end of the gamebreaking bug!

I hope you have all found that helpful.

GENIUS! Thank you, Dustybug! And thanks for the PM headsup to this!:D:D:D

• @Dustybug said:

The key seems to be having the hints at often and the subtitles on.

When you go to the leaderboards, go to one of the 'full' leaderboards and move up or down the leaderboard with LB and RB. It is when you press B the first time after that to exit the leaderboard that you should notice the background game screen change.

Sidenote: When you're cycling through the leaderboard, the screen tends to freeze for a second (around the 3rd cycle with the LB or RB). If you can hit B as soon as it freezes, it'll take you to the screen change.

Thanks again Dustybug!

• @LeeTsa said: GENIUS! Thank you, Dustybug! And thanks for the PM headsup to this!:D:D:D

It's nice that we can fiddle with the controls and settings to get it to work, but I was hoping for a fix. It doesn't sound like Telltale is doing anything about these problems? Man, I gotta say that probably means I'll skip the rest of the games they publish on XBLA...

• As a further note, I have since played through the whole game again to mop up achievements, and the problem did not happen this time!

Funnily enough, if you watch the preview, right at the end Wallace says:

'Perfect, apart from a minor technical hitch at the end'

Oh, the irony................

• @glucero0 said: Man, I gotta say that probably means I'll skip the rest of the games they publish on XBLA...

I don't think it'll keep me away from the rest of the W&G episodes. I just love them too much, but here's hoping for some intense UAT. :)

• This is being looked in to, but we do not have a solution yet I'm afraid. I'll pass along this new info to the programmers. Sorry for the trouble!

• @Will said: This is being looked in to, but we do not have a solution yet I'm afraid. I'll pass along this new info to the programmers. Sorry for the trouble!

I would love to play W&G again, but to be honest, I don't because I know it will lock up on me. I also won't spend $20 on Sam & Max until I'm reasonably sure these games will be generally bug free.

I buy and play a ton of Xbox 360 games, including LOTS of XBLA games and DLC, and I don't think I've run into these sorts of problems before. I won't waste anymore money until this game works.

Thank you,
    Gary

• Ditto. I have the same issue. Super annoying.

• I ended up buying S&M and so far it's bug free but I have yet to play W&G again. Is it ever going to be fixed? Let's hope so.

• Is there any new updates on this bug? I only got the game a few days ago on Xbox Live and now stuck in the car with the B Exit problem.
    Don't know if there's been a more recent version added to Xbox Live but the leaderboard advice is not working! This game is impossible to complete.

Add Comment