User Avatar Image

CSI 4: Hard Evidence announced!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 12.6K users

Hey guys -

Ubisoft just put up the press release announcing a new upcoming Telltale-developed CSI game, called "CSI: Hard Evidence."

[quote]Developed by Telltale Games, CSI: Hard Evidence will continue the crime-solving experience of Ubisoft's CSI video game series. Players will join Gil Grissom, Catherine Willows and the rest of the Las Vegas cast to help solve crimes using realistic techniques and lab equipment. CSI: Hard Evidence features forensic reconstructions and atmospheric crime scenes taken directly from the television show, including an all-new garage lab for analyzing large evidence such as cars and boats*, improved evidence gathering, review and lab mini-games, and more areas to explore, resulting in longer play experiences.[/quote]

I'm sure Emily will be on top of a blog post about it later today, but for now here are a few screens:

warrick_studio.jpgbrass_nightfall.jpgvictim_bedroom.jpgmorgue.jpg

Anyway, woo! More info soon.

One note: We're unsure where the notion of putting boats in the garage came from. You do get to poke around stripped down vehicles you recover from crime scenes in the garage, but never specifically a boat. Minor point!

373 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i have a few more questions..............are there any unlockable extras that you get by achieving 100% on a case, things like test renders, conecpt art, and maybe a behind the sceenes making of video
    (this was something that a lot of people were sad to not see in TDOM)

and what about the voices of the cast, will we hear the actual voices of the entire core cast.............or will there be a bunch of sound alikes mixed in again

finally, will we get to work with more than one character on each case (like i suggested a while back) or will it still one csi per case with grissom and catherine appearing every now and then

• Dangerzone, glad to see you around again!

Yes, we are very happy to be re-adding the Unlockable Bonus Items! That was very important to us, and of course our fans. There are also extra new gameplay features, so for players like you that have already mastered the franchise, you can expect to see new challenges and extra rewards!

For voices, we are proud to have all of the male actors from the show back again for this game. They all sound great. Naturally, we also hoped to work with the women on the game, but some things are beyond our control. However rest-assured, you can expect the same high-quality from our two sound-alikes. Side note - the sound-alike for Catherine is the professional sound-alike for the TV show!

And as for the CSI Teamwork, don't forget how CSI:3DOM featured both Grissom AND Catherine as co-investigators with you in the final case! I definitely recall your request for more of this a while back. We were also thinking along these same lines, so in CSI: Hard Evidence you can expect to see a LOT more teamwork with other CSI's throughout the game. It really feels like the show.

Plus, there are many new surprises that I know you'll love...

Have a great holiday everyone!! I'm headed out on vacation!

- greg

• Very nice telltale got a few series going for them. Now when you are done with CSI hard evidence, i really hope that later on you will have the chance to maybe making addons, its still possible :) instead of having to make a new game for every 5 missions. 5 more missions later on. Shouldn be impossible :)

• well it seems that this thread has gone cold................ is there anything new to offer on the game, the trailer, more screenshots, a website, etc...

i would like to hear/see more of this game to whet my appetite for another couple of weeks

• Hmm... I will have to check with Ubisoft to see what information we can share...

Our goal was to make the BEST CSI GAME EVER and I can't wait to see what people think of it!

• @DesignerGreg said: .

Our goal was to make the BEST CSI GAME EVER and I can't wait to see what people think of it!

Honestly, if this game is longer (and has some replay value), has better graphic detail (but sill runs on older computers with non 3d cards) and has the same unique stories as the last game.................it is an easy sell for most of the cai fans

the only 2 problems i had with the last game were the lack of detail in the scenes and characters....................as well as the fact that all 5 cases delt with a murder of some sort (case 3 was was somewhat different) but all the other cases were sill the same who/how-doneit................i hope that this game has something other than 5 murders, like an arson, or a bomb, maybe even a highend robbery case mixed in with 2 or 3 murders

because csi means crimescene investigation, not just murder scene investigation

• Dangerzone, I think you and all of our fans will be pleased with the overall story variety, graphics, and replayability...

BTW - Good memory on the non-murder in case 3. I also liked the arson case in the very first CSI game... that was cool.

• I can't wait for the release of this game!

3DOM was absolutely fantastic!

Keep up the great work guys

• [quote]has better graphic detail (but sill runs on older computers with non 3d cards)[/quote]

Kind of hard to do both of these things at once. ;) CSI4 will require a 3D-accelerated video card, just like CSI3 did.

The graphics in CSI4 are really nice. I have to pause and look every time I walk past the desk of someone who's working on this game.

• I am so looking forward to this game since I read about it. I loved the other ones and could not put them down once i started playing them.

CSI3 was awesome with the graphics so i am sure the new game will be just as good if not better.

Be nice to have a few more than 5 senarios though...even though they take a little while they seem to be over to quick

Add Comment