User Avatar Image

Boycot the Hints

posted by Shish keJoe on - last edited - Viewed by 443 users

The game is out for like what..? 4 hours... put a little effort in finishing it yourself..!

I call for an official 48h boycott on giving information on this game!

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Agree :P it's much more fun to find things out for yourself ^^ To bad I finished it... (without looking at hints!) and now I have to wait 1 month :( ... hmm maybe play a second time and try all other things I didn't try the first time!! :D

• @Eagle said: Agree :P it's much more fun to find things out for yourself ^^ To bad I finished it... (without looking at hints!) and now I have to wait 1 month :( ... hmm maybe play a second time and try all other things I didn't try the first time!! :D

Same here, some things your really just gotta think outside the box (but thats Monkey Island for ya)

Really people, try to do it yourself. The chapter will be over before you know it and you'll have a better feeling about it if you did it all yourself!

• Just keep it to themselves. If they need those hints, why not.... i for myself like to play the game as long as i could... and i think that those who really wanna play the game, do not look in this Thread!

So do not force them to their best ;-)

• Now this is silly, the game is about enjoying yourself playing an epic pirate game. I loved playing through it, if people want hints who are we to say no? They paid for it, it's up to them how they enjoy it.

I'm smelling something foul and nasty deeper down here :P

• The deeper issue is probably that real adventure gamers are disgusted by players who don't have the patience it takes to play adventure games. That is a strong word, but it is appropriate.

• It's a world of fasicsts and people who don't want others to get help and who want them to live their life just like them are those facists.

• @drunkenmonkey said: The deeper issue is probably that real adventure gamers are disgusted by players who don't have the patience it takes to play adventure games. That is a strong word, but it is appropriate.

DING, DING, DING, and Frankie show the man what he won!!!

But no in all seriousness, have patience and figure it out yourselves... I mean i'm all for using Hints and Walkthroughs if you wanna see every corner and inch of the game, but the first time you play through a game (aspecially one thats not even out for a full 24 hours, and not that hard... Really) you should do it on your own!

• @leo-the-red said: It's a world of fasicsts and people who don't want others to get help and who want them to live their life just like them are those facists.

If you need help after being stuck for what... 10mins then yes i don't wanna give help to that person. If he's actually not able to get past an obstacle or part of the game then i'll be the first one to help him! But i want people to try it themselves first... I mean instead of telling a person what to do let him grind his gears a few hours if he actually can't find the sollution then, ofc i'll help him!

But if the game is out for the better part of what now... About 5 hours then you aren't going to convince me that you actually tried to find the sollution, no matter what you say to me!

• Um...if you don't want hints, don't visit the hints forum?

*rolls eyes*

• certain people are extremely fast answering questions. it's something they enjoy doing, makes them feel good about themselves. like in fight club, when he goes to cancer meetings.

This discussion has been closed.