User Avatar Image

I'm stuck in the blockade (spoiler)

posted by tbm1986 on - last edited - Viewed by 377 users

How do I free up LeChuck?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @onlyamonkey said: there's a faster way, a way for you to just drop it dude.

Thanks, man. @Telltale: how does Guybrush know he'll be accurate enough? He'd only have had one shot at it. I have a feeling it won't only be me that overlooks this solution.

• @tbm1986 said: Thanks, man. @Telltale: how does Guybrush know he'll be accurate enough? He'd only have had one shot at it. I have a feeling it won't only be me that overlooks this solution.

This one stumped me for a while. It is one of two things in the game I found annoying. The other one involved how much I had to distract two pirates -- that part was so hard I was certain I was doing it wrong.

• I thought it was rather pointless that you had to toss it off the cliff, kind of an illogical solution, too.

• @Pale Man said: I thought it was rather pointless that you had to toss it off the cliff, kind of an illogical solution, too.

I don't find it illogical, since I figured it out right away :P (Maybe my reasonning is illogical too, of course).

• It's absolutely illogical.
    It shouldn't matter how many 'screens' it takes; if the pyrite is hard by the time you reach the cliff base, it should be hard by the time you reach the peak.
    Not to mention that if you drop the almost-cooled pyrite over the cliff, the wind should finish it off before it lands.
    And if it did manage to land as a liquid, it should have splashed out, and left lots of little blobs of the stuff lying around the altar.
    Don't get me started on the melting point of the stuff. (It's 1193°C (2179°F), FYI. I tried to work out how long it would take to cool, and how hot the barbecue would need to be for it to work, but it's unclear how long it would take Guybrush to get to the cli-AAAAGH STOP ME. I'M THINKING ABOUT IT TOO MUCH.)

• It's unrealistic, but not illogical. And yes, it can take less time to get up the cliff than all around it. just like it takes less time to cross a bridge than go all around a lake, even if you end up at the same spot in the end.

Add Comment