This discussion may contain spoilers!
Go to the chamber where Elaine is settling a dispute with the Head mer-person and pirate. The following aren't spoilers, because she will TELL you where to find the gold artifacts:
-The golden turtle is in the Spoon Islane jungle with LeChuck
-The 2 pirates on the beach have the golden sea horse
- The 'Cranky Fish' is rumored to buried in the shipwreck of Roe Island
To Get Golden Turtle:
-Wander around the jungle paths I recalling making a left, and then a a whole lot of right turns
-Oh no, it's LeChuck! But he sure looks pinker than usual. Maybe we can chat with him
- These clam shells look familiar. But LeChuck wants to figure out how to use the clamshells on his own!
[ spoiler]Maybe you can give him 'hints' and lead him to the solution (kinda like what I'm doing) By the way the turtle is hidden inside that structure on the cliff. activating both clams will open it
Fixing the staff
-LeChuck's staff looks just like yours-- except it's missing a piece. Where would find that piece?
-Perhaps inside a real clam? Where can you find some real sea life?
-Maybe that coupon on the ground will help?
-Go to bait shoppe and exchange the coupon for a clam. Open it up and you'll find the missing piece for Lechuck's Staff
Finally, retrieving the Golden turtle
Give pearl to Lechuck
walk him through the instructions "Use...pearl...staff...clamshell"
LeChuck activated his--Ok, your turn
Ok we need to pry this turtle out! Any prying objects available?
Maybe someone tried to pry the object before, but failed and left the crow bar right next to the turtle ?
Guybrush should have trained at the gym more! Maybe he should go lift weights.. No time for that! Find someone stronger than guybrush to pry loose the turtle
Yeah, he's right behind you. I don't trust him either, but you'll have to this time
To Get Golden Seahorse
-Those 2 pirates on the beach have it! There MUST be a way to outsmart them
-Looks like they're in an argument. Maybe you can use this to your advantage.
-They also seem paranoid about burying the treasure
- You can talk the pirates into burying and retrieving the treasure. But you'll need to track them somehow,so you KNOW where to dig
- Trick the pirates into the staring contest with each other. distract them and slip the pyrite parrot into the treasure chest
- Sail to the tiny remote island in the UPPER RIGHT CORNER of the map. Its easy to miss, but it's there
- follow the bird!