User Avatar Image

Listen up y'all

posted by Heatherlee on - last edited - Viewed by 721 users

Well, now, ya'll have been doin' a pretty decent job of acting like decent, law-abiding folks with yer sherriff Guybrushguy outta town. And rumor has it he'll be back pretty soon now.

But I have been noticin' that some of ya'll have been gettin' a bit loose with the language. Ya might want ta re-read the forum rules fer a refresher. And remember that this here's a family forum. Adventure gamers come in all sizes and ages. So please respect the forum, respect yer neighbors, and respect yerselves.

Til ol' Guybrushguy returns, I'm gonna be steppin in as deputy sherriff and takin care o' some o' them unsightly posts. An' I warn ya that I have a reputation as somewhat of a tyrant round these parts....so look out...

Deputy Heather

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Heatherlee Telltale Staff

Well thank you, Apignarb. That's mighty kind of you.

Alucard, all I'm talkin bout is people cuttin down on their swearin and such-like. There's no need to reign in the creativity of free-wheelin folks like yerselves. Plus it probably wouldn't work.

But the forums are for all kinds of folks to use an enjoy, so all we're sayin is to make them a welcoming, cozy kinda place for everyone who might wander on by.

The deputy

• [quote]
    or
    Weirder then Misanthropes Avatar
    [/quote]
    As much as I like his avatar, I wouldn't call it weird, so much as "disturbing."

It is like a train accident. Horrifying, yet I cannot look away.

;)

• I hope this post meets with your $%^&@#* standards.

But seriously it is good to have some discretion about what you say.

woah that was way too serious.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I kinda get what you're saying. You want it more like...

I better get my dollarsign before I poundsign your asterisk into a semi-colon.

• [quote]I kinda get what you're saying. You want it more like...

I better get my dollarsign before I poundsign your asterisk into a semi-colon.[/quote]

Very creative :))

I never realized swearing and cursing could be such hard work...

It's almost not worth doing it at all.

But if there was a way to spice those swear/euphamisms up, you can bet that Samuel L. Jackson could find a way! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

:( why do I have a feeling that this a VERY bad sign for Telltale, you know how that old [word missing here :D ] (can't think of it in english right now, has something to do with phrase, yeah now that I think of it phrase of wisdom is a good loose translation) QUOTE " An artist who impose's censorship to others soon has censorship imposed on him" (a single word that means without resistance also exists before the "imposed on him" part but i can't think of it right now) and we all know what censorship does to creativity now don't we ;) ? along with marketing,economic theories and legal games. and the funny -no make that hilarious - part of that event is, that most if not all of the posts edited, were neither offensive nor inapropriate as the so called "swear words" were not used in the offensive way but were used with their alternate meaning which is far from offensive, or were used as a metaphor or in a sentance which again altered their ofensive meaning. I guess language is not your strongest part now is it? :D anyway hope i am wrong but I haven't been so far :(

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]What????[/quote] :) can you be a little more specific?

• [quote]you know how that old [word missing here :D ] (can't think of it in english right now, has something to do with phrase, yeah now that I think of it phrase of wisdom is a good loose translation)[/quote]

Is the word you're looking for adage or proverb?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

yup "adage" is the word, thanks!

Add Comment