User Avatar Image

Public Telltale Tool for DIY Adventure games!?

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.4K users

Joystiq

Modding? They need to ensure that licensed properties are treated the way their owners want. For example, they can't allow Phone Bone to do things Jeff Smith wouldn't want. They do plan to create a community focused tool to create your own adventure games.

:eek:

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would pay good money for that tool.

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd love to use the Telltale tool to make some of my own adventure games, and Cyberlink's idea of "would be monthly downloadable expansions, giving you the ability to use new characters, environments, objects, etc." is awesome.

But there'd probably have to be some limit on how these games can be released, I would think. I could just imagine people flogging their games on eBay or posting them on forums saying "this is the new Sam & Max game".

• [quote=Guybrush Threepwood;39065]Cyberlink's idea of "would be monthly downloadable expansions, giving you the ability to use new characters, environments, objects, etc." is awesome.[/quote]
    Yes, Cyberlink's idea, which was in no way inspired by mine, sounds great. Although, to be fair, my 'idea' was more of a wise crack, anyway. The very idea of chopping the Telltale Tool into small chunks would be ridiculous, but monthly content updates, such as characters, environments, inventory items, and other assorted objects would be very welcome additions, indeed. In much the same way that content is added to the Telltale Comic Generator, which is then abused by adoring fans around the world.

Speaking of the Telltale Comic Generator, it has been quite a while since that was updated.

• @xChri5x said: Great! A tsunami of mediocre fan games awaits..

Or somebody could create the next Cave Story. Who knows?

• Why releasing the media and art please juste release the tool and manual, we will do the rest ;)

• The tool, while awesome, is still a jumbled collection of crazy things which don't always work as advertised (if at all), so it's a long ways from just being dumped up onto the site. Someday, it would be excellent, though.

• @Jake said: The tool, while awesome, is still a jumbled collection of crazy things which don't always work as advertised (if at all), so it's a long ways from just being dumped up onto the site. Someday, it would be excellent, though.

So what else is new? Everyone's tools are like that. That's why they aren't actually ever released to the public.

Except sometimes they are, of course. But that's the rare exception.

• @Maratanos said: So what else is new? Everyone's tools are like that.

Amen, brudda. Even the wonderful Source SDK crashes randomly and often (much to my dismay), with many features that don't do jack.

• @Maratanos said: So what else is new? Everyone's tools are like that. That's why they aren't actually ever released to the public.

Except sometimes they are, of course. But that's the rare exception.

... yes. That's why we're not 'just releasing the tool and manual.' :P

• I'd love to make a 3D sequel to my upcoming game.

• Wow, digging back almost 2 years in the vault for this thread.

Add Comment