User Avatar Image

Boycot the Hints

posted by Shish keJoe on - last edited - Viewed by 900 users

The game is out for like what..? 4 hours... put a little effort in finishing it yourself..!

I call for an official 48h boycott on giving information on this game!

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shish keJoe said: The game is out for like what..? 4 hours... put a little effort in finishing it yourself..!

I call for an official 48h boycot on giving information on this game!

I agree! Actually I think only TTG should be able to post hints after 48 hrs until the first week after release. Then users should be able to post whatever they want to.

• @Shish keJoe said: The game is out for like what..? 4 hours... put a little effort in finishing it yourself..!

I call for an official 48h boycot on giving information on this game!

Translation:

"I am an egocentric person who wants everyone to play games exactly like I do, and it bugs me that people don't.
    Therefore I want to force everyone to play games exactly the way I do,
    otherwise I let it bother me so much I can't sleep at night"

To the OP, Let people play the game they paid for in the comfort of their own
    homes without you trying to peep through their windows, telling them how to play the game.

Next you'll be telling people what T.V. shows to watch, what books to read, and what movies to see.

Get over yourself.

And if you don't like seeing hints, my suggestion would be to
    "STAY OUT OF THE HINTS FORUM"
    As it obviously grates on your nerves whenever people ask for help.

And for what it's worth it's spelled "BOYCOTT"

Post Scriptum...

How would you like it, if I demanded that only people who could spell, be allowed to post on the forum?

That would certainly exclude you and your "Boycott Hints" friends

• Is fascist the new Godwin?

Also, its origins come from the Roman fasces. The bundle of sticks is meant to symbolize strength through unity - one stick is easy to break, but the bundle is not. Often there was also an axe bundled in with the sticks, symbolizing the strength of the Roman republic as backed by the people. It was a popular Roman symbol that got scooped up by Mussolini. /pedantic

Seriously, this thread is a little ridiculous.

Point one: People don't play games the exact same way you do. Shock, horror, amazement. You're not the gaming police, as much as you want to think you are.

Point two: We play games to have fun. Spending 2 hours going around in circles is, for many people, not fun. Some people can stick it out and figure out the solution. Some people, like me, just get really frustrated. Guess which solves the frustration? A nudge in the right direction from (ta da) the hint forum.

Yes, I spent the first 3 hours of my gaming time going around and around with Morgan LeFlay because I thought that the inventory couldn't be accessed because I was looking for it in the wrong place. Am I stupid? Yes. Was I frustrated? Very. Would it have been solved by a hint saying "use the hook"? YES.

There are tons of legitimate reasons to ask for a hint - you just haven't thought of them yet.

Also, if you really thought Telltale did not want to encourage all players, even ones who need hints, would they really set up a (mirabile dictu!) HINT FORUM? Telltale wants people to have fun playing their games. Fun means not being frustrated. See point #2.

If you don't like the hint forum, here's a radical idea: stay out of it.

Then you can look down your nose at the people who "cheated through the game" all you want on other forums, I'm sure. I'll go back to being a stupid pleb with my hints over here.

• @drunkenmonkey said: The deeper issue is probably that real adventure gamers are disgusted by players who don't have the patience it takes to play adventure games.

Is this some extremely dry sarcasm, or are you actively trying to convince people that "real" adventure gamers are jerks and help keep adventure gaming a small niche?

• @Eagle said: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism furthermore he didn't say you aren't allowed to post hints he just called for a boycot, if you don't like it just ignore his calling as many other people do... just don't start flaming the guy :)

If you say something in a public forum that is ludicrous, offensive, or worse: both, then you will be flamed. That's the natural order of things on the Internet.

On another note, I agree 100% with Harpalyce's comments above.

• @SlamHammer said: Translation:

Post Scriptum...

How would you like it, if I demanded that only people who could spell, be allowed to post on the forum?

That would certainly exclude you and your "Boycott Hints" friends

I would laugh and go on with my life instead of starting a whole discussion about it :P And yes this topic is getting a little bit silly indeed XD

• You know, i like the fact that every single person that gets mad in this topic is one that needs help finishing the 2nd chapter.

So i'm not going to be mad at you i just see your rage as a part of self preservation.

PS: All of you who get mad at this just don't understand this topic... The game was out for the better part of what..? 3h and people where already whining about hints. I mean come on, at least try to finish it yourself, I said "TRY TO" are the people who need hints so desperate to get through the game that at the first bump in the road they actually flee to the forums and beg others for help? Do you guys do that in real life to? If so that must be a pretty pathetic life with someone else always running behind you to clean up your crap.

• It must be pretty lonely up there on your terribly high horse, too.

How's the weather up there? A little chilly?

edit: Oh wait, I forgot, I'm a fluff-brained thoughtless pleb for daring to play the game another way. I'll go over here so you can have an easier time looking down your nose at me, sir.

• @JohanShogun said: No he's not, he's telling other people what is good for them by trying to make the other forum members boycott giving help for the first 48 hours, and that, is being a fascist. I agree with the poster who said that.

I'm not telling you what to do... I'm just hoping that people will acually use your brain instead of asking for help at the first hard thing you run into.

@JohanShogun said: It must be pretty lonely up there on your terribly high horse, too.

How's the weather up there? A little chilly?

I like chilly, to the cold you can dress. If it gets to hot there are only so many cloths you can take of before it gets indecent.

@JohanShogun said: edit: Oh wait, I forgot, I'm a fluff-brained thoughtless pleb for daring to play the game another way. I'll go over here so you can have an easier time looking down your nose at me, sir.

Knowledge about ones self is the first step to enlightenment so if you say your a "fluff-brained thoughtless pleb" was it? Then who am i to say your wrong.
    You can't drink me under the table much less talk me under it, i'm stalward in my ideals about this topic you shall not sway me!

• @Shish keJoe said:
    PS: All of you who get mad at this just don't understand this topic... The game was out for the better part of what..? 3h and people where already whining about hints. I mean come on, at least try to finish it yourself, I said "TRY TO" are the people who need hints so desperate to get through the game that at the first bump in the road they actually flee to the forums and beg others for help? Do you guys do that in real life to? If so that must be a pretty pathetic life with someone else always running behind you to clean up your crap.

Uh yea....so some people get stuck in the game and get tired of doing the same thing over and over so that all of a sudden makes them "Pathetic" in your eyes.

My God, get over yourself.
    Who do you think you are?

Did you ever think that 3 hours later those people had been stuck for 3 hours?

It's not like the content for the Monkey Island series is as big as Sam and Max was.

And if you want to go the "pathetic route" learn to tell the difference between
    to, too and two.

I'm sick of Internet Bullies like you that go around calling people pathetic because they don't live up to your standards

This discussion has been closed.