User Avatar Image

Model reuse (No blame thread)

posted by Sanin92 on - last edited - Viewed by 731 users

I'm just wondering, what characters had reused models, and what had models just for themselves?

Guybrush of course has a model just ofr himself, right?And I guess LeChuck got one too.

But what about Morgan and Elaine, did they have the same model (body?) or were they completelly different ones?

Newspaper boy, D'oro and the one on Spoon Island where the same, and all the thin pirates too I guess.

But what with Winslow, was he the same fat model?I couldn't really get it, he kinda saw different from all of them, or am I mistaken?

Any other model reuse?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's the minor characters people remember and love in the MI series. Murray, Kenny, Haggis McMutton, Largo, LeChimp, Wally, Lemonhead. This is something that needs fixing.

• who's kenny?

@Pretender said: It's weird, because it makes the engine seem VERY limited.

i don't think it's a limitation from the engine. hasn't it been said, that the reuse of the pirate models is to save resources mostly, so the wii version won't get problems?
    on the other hand creating entirely new characters does need some time and so far most telltale games had only a handful of characters. it's also a time thing, i guess..

• The Books all had the same model.

• User Avatar Image
    Tim

@wisp said: who's kenny?.

Lemonade guy from Curse of Monkey Island:

curse-of-monkey-island-gary-coleman-lemo

• He also sells cannons and was voiced by Garry Coleman.

• http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134599/fullcredits#cast

Read through the cast. You can recognise almost every character in it. The only characters who's faces I can't remember are Snowcone Guy, Wharf Rat and La Foot (and of course the generic swordfighting pirates. I'm already forgetting TOMI characters.

• ohh, that little brat...yeah, he was annoying enough so i should have remembered him. i just recently replayed curse...

..but you see, he had entirely different graphics than all the other characters and i still forgot his name.

• You forgot his name, sure, but you can replace him now. You probably have an image of what he looks like.
    For a lot of the ToMI characters you'll have to ask "is he one of the tall guys or one of the short guys?".
    It hasn't been very long but I'm already mixing up some of the characters, especially the tall ones.
    Winslow is an important character so far, with a clear personality and it looks like he's sticking around. Yet he's mostly made different by having a different skin tone.

I have a lot less of a problem with the whole thing with episode 2 though, as I said earlier. In Episode 1, I mixed some characters together. In episode 2, I didn't.
    Hopefully episode 3 will be more like 2 than 1. But I can definitely understand why it would be less time-consuming to have the NPC look similar to each other.

I guess that's one good thing about 2D: the characters all look different and unique.

(To be fair, I think the characters also look BETTER in 2D than they do in 3D. I still feel that CoMI looks better aesthetically that ToMI does. Plus it doesn't have that confusing way of moving Guybrush by holding down the mouse button ad picking a direction. I still don't get why it's not point & click like the Sam and Max games are.)

• @Pirateguybrush said: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134599/fullcredits#cast

Read through the cast. You can recognise almost every character in it. The only characters who's faces I can't remember are Snowcone Guy, Wharf Rat and La Foot (and of course the generic swordfighting pirates. I'm already forgetting TOMI characters.

Wharf Rat And Snowcone guys were employees at the Big Whoop! The Rat is the guy in the giant rat costume who throws a pie at you, and isn't too keen about this job. And the Snowcone guy er..sells snowcones, which help you defeat LeChuck's spell.

• @Sanin92 said: I'm just wondering, what characters had reused models, and what had models just for themselves?

Guybrush of course has a model just ofr himself, right?

Guess again. ;)

Look a little closer at the guys fighting with LeChuck. The reuse of that model was well done I thought & I'm not surprised a lot of people didn't notice.

Add Comment