User Avatar Image

The Unoffically Official Morgan LeFlay Appreciation Thread

posted by BobTGoldfish on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

So yeah.

I'm not going to lie. I am a massive fan of this addition to the the Monkeyverse.

So I'm starting up the Morgan LeFlay Appreciation thread for those of us that are of like mind.

I love the dynamic she brings to the game, and the possibilites.

Was The 'Brush joking when he asked her to sail away with him to pillage and plunder? Who knows? all I know is I think it's going to bug a LOT of people for a month!

I also really dub her character design, something a little more overtly sexual about it, that would usually give her the upper hand over most pirates, but it doesn't faze our favorite mighty Pirate.

though am I the only one that noticed in the opening swordfight that Guybrush made NO offensive strikes, instead only parrying and swatting away morgans incoming attacks.. something I thought was pretty chivalrous.

anyway.. let the discussion begin!

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Fanpics ftw! Unfortunately it's unwise for me to contribute, seeing as my artistic skills are akin to a 5yo playing Pictionary.

    The saucier, the better! Erm, maybe someone could start that up elsewhere? I can't imagine TT would allow even negligees.

  • @wisp said: ...if you must, but please let it be that decent type of fanart.

    well, i think morgan is definitely one of the more attractive women in monkey island and i believe there will be at least some tension between her and guybrush. elaine hanging out with lechuck all the time...and he being trapped in a huge seamonster with only morgan and...well...winslow. well, this might get weird indeed...do you guys remember the line when guybrush wants to sail to the "isle of ewe"?

    i think the authors want to make that love triangle between guybrush, elaine and lechuck...hmm, a square, i guess. so, there probably will be some strain on their relationship.

    I think Morgan and Reg will get into a catfight. He's hinted towards wifeswapping, bisexuality and orgies before but he's shown open dislike for Morgan so far.

  • Finally, a new character in MI that I like. EFMI really lacked that

    But I liked Cheese... and the SCUMM Bar Bartender... and the Boulder guy... and the dock Lady... and the pink ship...

  • Yeh I like Morgan as well and like many other people have said it's brings a different dimension to the story and you never know what is going to happen between them, let's see what Telltale have up their sleeves for us. ;)

    Oh and I can't wait for Chapter 3, hopefully it will be as good as the last one.:D:D

  • i guess i'm first on the morgan fanart bus

    morgan-laflay.jpg

    and this other picture happened on accident but i thought it looked cool, so here

    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/RamenThief/morgan-laflaymessup.jpg

  • @Duate said: i guess i'm first on the morgan fanart bus

    morgan-laflay.jpg

    Let me be the first to say, SIZ-AM!!! Fantastic work!

    (I wasn't going to repost the whole image but it's so damn good I felt it deserved it!)

  • Morgan is indeed one of the best characters from ToMI. I'm glad that TellTale used time to invent new memorable characters rather than just recycling the old ones.

    @tbm1986 said: Fanpics ftw! Unfortunately it's unwise for me to contribute, seeing as my artistic skills are akin to a 5yo playing Pictionary

    If that is true then compared to me you're a great artist, even some monkeys have more artistic skills than I got.

  • @Woodsyblue said: Let me be the first to say, SIZ-AM!!! Fantastic work!

    (I wasn't going to repost the whole image but it's so damn good I felt it deserved it!)


    hahaha thanks man

  • I think that Morgan is bound to end up on Guybrush's side (or at least I really hope she is)! She's such a cool, humourous, charismatic character who reminds me a little of Jade from "Beyond Good & Evil"! I think that the three of them (Winslow, Guybrush & LeFlay) will form a special bond with each other when they try to escape from the giant manatee, but not a romantic one, especially not between Guybrush and Winslow - that'd be a little... scary (and besides, I think Winslow already has a romantic bond with the ship)! But yeah, this Morgan LeFlay is a great addition to the game whether she turns good or remains a pirate hunter!

  • @haydenwce27 said: I think that Morgan is bound to end up on Guybrush's side (or at least I really hope she is)! She's such a cool, humourous, charismatic character who reminds me a little of Jade from "Beyond Good & Evil"! I think that the three of them (Winslow, Guybrush & LeFlay) will form a special bond with each other when they try to escape from the giant manatee, but not a romantic one, especially not between Guybrush and Winslow - that'd be a little... scary (and besides, I think Winslow already has a romantic bond with the ship)! But yeah, this Morgan LeFlay is a great addition to the game whether she turns good or remains a pirate hunter!


    holy crap you just made me realize why i like her so much right off the bat

    you're a genius

Add Comment