User Avatar Image

The Unoffically Official Morgan LeFlay Appreciation Thread

posted by BobTGoldfish on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

So yeah.

I'm not going to lie. I am a massive fan of this addition to the the Monkeyverse.

So I'm starting up the Morgan LeFlay Appreciation thread for those of us that are of like mind.

I love the dynamic she brings to the game, and the possibilites.

Was The 'Brush joking when he asked her to sail away with him to pillage and plunder? Who knows? all I know is I think it's going to bug a LOT of people for a month!

I also really dub her character design, something a little more overtly sexual about it, that would usually give her the upper hand over most pirates, but it doesn't faze our favorite mighty Pirate.

though am I the only one that noticed in the opening swordfight that Guybrush made NO offensive strikes, instead only parrying and swatting away morgans incoming attacks.. something I thought was pretty chivalrous.

anyway.. let the discussion begin!

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If Telltale cannot get their hands on the MI franchise in the future, they can do very well with a Morgan LeFlay adventure.

• i tried my hand on a "cell-shaded" version

morgan-laflaycell.jpg

• Niiiiice! :D. Very very, nice.
    I like Morgan, she's a great new villian, I'd rather have her being Guybrush's wife, then Elaine, she just doesn't seem right for him.

• @Duate said: hahaha thanks man

If you have a DeviantArt page you gotta link me :D (If you don't feel conformable submitting the link on a public forum just send it to me via private message :))

Also, I prefer the original to the cell-shaded. She just seems to fit more with the background :)

• Funny really, first time ever i've heard people even talk about Guybrush's lovelife ;) Him and Elaine have always been such a constant of the series it seemed almost unthinkable to consider an alternative

• @Randulf said: If Telltale cannot get their hands on the MI franchise in the future, they can do very well with a Morgan LeFlay adventure.

you know what, Telltale?

YOU WILL DO THIS.
    WHY?
    BECAUSE....

mentokwills.gif

Boo-wii-oop!

• @Woodsyblue said: If you have a DeviantArt page you gotta link me :D (If you don't feel conformable submitting the link on a public forum just send it to me via private message :))

Also, I prefer the original to the cell-shaded. She just seems to fit more with the background :)

of course i dont mind

http://garrenh.deviantart.com/

the more the merrrier, i always say!

• @Duate said: i think it's less guybrush trying to show her the magic, and more that that's just the way he is. he'd not really the type to attack a woman, even if she is trying to gut him.

guybrush is a good man.

I think this whole conversation is both ridiculous and either underestimating LeFlay or overestimating Guybrush. It's just what LeFlay says, she can match him blow-for-blow.

And he DOES make an offensive strike, it's one of the alternatives. "See if you can parry THIS!".

Guybrush has to "out-think" his opponent in a fight. The whole point of that sequence was to mirror insult sword-fighting's MEANING and PURPOSE without blatantly ripping the puzzle straight from Secret and Curse, and it was done marvelously.

• @Rather Dashing said: I think this whole conversation is both ridiculous and either underestimating LeFlay or overestimating Guybrush. It's just what LeFlay says, she can match him blow-for-blow.

And he DOES make an offensive strike, it's one of the alternatives. "See if you can parry THIS!".

Guybrush has to "out-think" his opponent in a fight. The whole point of that sequence was to mirror insult sword-fighting's MEANING and PURPOSE without blatantly ripping the puzzle straight from Secret and Curse, and it was done marvelously.

And they make the point in the 5 minute/10 minute thing that she only THINKS she can match him, it's not proven.

I didn't know about that option, I never saw it. but I'm talking the regular animations, 90% of the time he is parrying her strikes. if she was truely his equal, he woudl be attacking and she would be blocking just as much, but he doesn't.

THAT was my point. there is no over or under estimation just commenting.

• @BobTGoldfish said: And they make the point in the 5 minute/10 minute thing that she only THINKS she can match him, it's not proven.

I honestly think that she, in most respects, is far more competent than Guybrush himself.

I didn't know about that option, I never saw it. but I'm talking the regular animations, 90% of the time he is parrying her strikes. if she was truely his equal, he woudl be attacking and she would be blocking just as much, but he doesn't.
    Doesn't that more imply that she had an upper hand rather than Guybrush being chivalrous(also known as belittling a person's ability based on their gender)? It seemed to me that the overall tone of the scene was that LeFlay was simply in charge. She grappled on without being detected, tied up the mate, cut off the hand, and engaged Guybrush without giving him much of a chance to strike(though he does get one in if you spend long enough messing with the puzzle). I think it was less that Guybrush was unwilling and more that he was unable.

Or Telltale only wanted to/could afford to do one set of animations. :)

Add Comment