User Avatar Image

Speculation from Lair of the Leviathan to Rise of the Pirate God

posted by splash1 on - last edited - Viewed by 430 users

Attention to everyone reading!: This thread contains spoilers, for people who finished Episode 1, and 2. AND, I will not be using spoilers in this thread, you've been warned.

[LIST]Lair of the Leviathan[/LIST]
As you know, the trio on the Narwhal was in the midst of peril, Morgan holding a sword to Winslow's throat, and then.. THE MANATEE! If anyone had guessed this correctly, The Manatee, is the Mouth, if you don't know what that is, then replay Siege of Spinner Cay. How is it the mouth? The Merleader tells us that a path to La Esponja Grande, lies in The Mouth, there is also a map on Cornada De Cava's ratty old Beach Hut, entitled: The Path of the Mouth, and above the map... A singing Manatee named Hugh.
So, as many people guessed, most of the game will be set, in *ahem*... Hugh, and Morgan and Guybrush might be getting closer together, but in the end, the trio gets out, and they'll be back on
Flotsam where the court house is open, and a trial is up....

[LIST]The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood[/LIST]
Well, I believe that after Lair of the Leviathan, we'll be back on Flotsam, witnessing the trial of Guybrush, and Desinge will do everything he can slam to Guybrush in the cell, bust him out, then get him inside his lab! This Episode will explain the little contest Telltale had, Mr. Glassblower will accuse him of many things, and eventually it will lead to Guybrush's execution, but he won't die! The pox will deffinetly turn him into a horrible Zombie, leaving him alive, and he'll probably steal his hand back, and Winslow and him will sail off into the sunset, Winslow might be infected by now, in this Episode.

[LIST]Rise of the Pirate God[/LIST]
Wild spec in this one, I believe the Pirate God, is... No one, the God of Pirates is probably the pox, after all the pirates have been infected, I believe the pox gains a full body form, turning into the most
horrible and most powerful pirate ever! (LeChuck was trying to do this in Episode 1).

Well, that's the end. Go ahead and reply what you think of my speculations, if you think they're right, or false.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope the "Trial" won't be an actual legal trial, but rather a quest Guybrush needs to fullfill... a quest where is eventually (almost) executed by DeSinge.

• I like the idea of the pox being Pirate God mabey it has LeChucks old persnalaty or even his old Earl Boen voice XD

• I posted my theory already, but here it is:

Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are in the Manatee right now (also known as "the mouth"). The next chapter will probably start with the Manatee spitting them out by it's lair, an underwater cave or something - possibly beneath (or on) the rock of Gelato - which also happens to be the home of La Esponja Grande!. There they will find De Cava (who may be related to Morgan).

De Cava's story is as follows: he was working on a submarine to take him to the Lair of the Leviathan and La Esponja Grande!, but decided that the idea could never work because there wasn't going to be enough air for him in the sub, so he decided to make the golden animal thingmabobs out of fool's gold and summon the mouth (the manatee, that is) to take him to the lair. What he didn't think about was getting back; he's now stranded. This may be due to the mouth being a one-way deal, or it may be due to the fact that he used fool's gold to summon it.

Luckily, Morgan LaFlay was working with a modified version of the sub co-designed by De Singe in exchange for her skills (or maybe just designed by her), and if she can get the right parts (with help from us, of course), she can make a new one and take everyone back above water, with a big wad of La Esponja Grande! in hand to cure everyone.

Meanwhile... LeChuck and Elaine are out putting the monkeys back in their natural habitat. OR ARE THEY?! Maybe. I'm not sure, I haven't thought into this one much. What I do know, though, is that LeChuck has a hidden agenda, or will by the end of it, and wants to restore himself to his former undead glory, winning back Elaine in the process. Elaine is wise to this, however, and she's given Guybrush her ring as a "deposit" to show that she'll be back.

Upon returning to Flotsam, it becomes apparent that McGillicutty and/or De Singe have framed Guybrush. McGillicutty because he doesn't want the sponge to get out, and De Singe because he wants Guybrush's hot pirate body (and who better to experiment on, in the eyes of the law, than a prisoner - or one's corpse?). Guybrush will be executed promptly, but resurrected as a PIRATE GOD! shortly thereafter, by De Singe (inadvertently?), De Cava, the Voodoo Lady or (maybe) LeChuck. Either he will have to use his new awesome title to defeat the now more powerful than ever LeChuck, or he will have to use it to defeat De Singe (depending on who LeChuck is siding with - he may have resurrected Guybrush in order to get him to rid the world of De Singe, who would be a threat to his voodoo power).

• @Fealiks said: I posted my theory already, but here it is:

Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are in the Manatee right now (also known as "the mouth"). The next chapter will probably start with the Manatee spitting them out by it's lair, an underwater cave or something - possibly beneath (or on) the rock of Gelato - which also happens to be the home of La Esponja Grande!. There they will find De Cava (who may be related to Morgan).

De Cava's story is as follows: he was working on a submarine to take him to the Lair of the Leviathan and La Esponja Grande!, but decided that the idea could never work because there wasn't going to be enough air for him in the sub, so he decided to make the golden animal thingmabobs out of fool's gold and summon the mouth (the manatee, that is) to take him to the lair. What he didn't think about was getting back; he's now stranded. This may be due to the mouth being a one-way deal, or it may be due to the fact that he used fool's gold to summon it.

Luckily, Morgan LaFlay was working with a modified version of the sub co-designed by De Singe in exchange for her skills (or maybe just designed by her), and if she can get the right parts (with help from us, of course), she can make a new one and take everyone back above water, with a big wad of La Esponja Grande! in hand to cure everyone.

Meanwhile... LeChuck and Elaine are out putting the monkeys back in their natural habitat. OR ARE THEY?! Maybe. I'm not sure, I haven't thought into this one much. What I do know, though, is that LeChuck has a hidden agenda, or will by the end of it, and wants to restore himself to his former undead glory, winning back Elaine in the process. Elaine is wise to this, however, and she's given Guybrush her ring as a "deposit" to show that she'll be back.

Upon returning to Flotsam, it becomes apparent that McGillicutty and/or De Singe have framed Guybrush. McGillicutty because he doesn't want the sponge to get out, and De Singe because he wants Guybrush's hot pirate body (and who better to experiment on, in the eyes of the law, than a prisoner - or one's corpse?). Guybrush will be executed promptly, but resurrected as a PIRATE GOD! shortly thereafter, by De Singe (inadvertently?), De Cava, the Voodoo Lady or (maybe) LeChuck. Either he will have to use his new awesome title to defeat the now more powerful than ever LeChuck, or he will have to use it to defeat De Singe (depending on who LeChuck is siding with - he may have resurrected Guybrush in order to get him to rid the world of De Singe, who would be a threat to his voodoo power).

Very likely, although The Mouth spitting them out, is unlikely, it's more likely, they find there own way out, and LeChuck will probably go back to being Mister: Horrifying Voodoo Man, by the end of the series.

• I have a feeling that, in an act of self-sacrifice, by the end of the series LeChuck will once again turn into the ghost monster voodoo zombie pirate LeChuck.

• I think you are pretty right, except for the last episode, which I'm not sure what to except from it.

I'm also a bit annoyed to realise that we probably won't get to revisit some island from previous games. Watching Scabb in all 3d glory would have been cool, but maybe it's for the better. Too many bad memories from EFMI and its revisits...

One thing I'm sure is that episodes will get gradually better as is usual in Telltale seasons.

• My personal speculations for Chapter 3 and 4:

I'm guessing Guybrush and Morgan will bond, seemingly, and the trio in the Leviathan will escape by DeCava's 'submarine', which just happened to have been swallowed up in its belly, with or without a DeCava to go with it.

And then Morgan will double-cross Guybrush and bring him back to Flotsam's Court. Once he's been put to 'death' [for all his Caribbean crimes], DeSinge is free to do with him as he wishes [i.e. I think De Singe will set Guybrush up here so he can continue his work without fear of discovery of the locals, authorities etc].

I'm not worthy enough to speculate on Chapter 5, but hopefully it'll be a bit longer than the typical endgame chapters in Monkey Island games are. :cool:

• I think the REZ idea would be good, maybe we'd get to play a while as LeChuck? OR... maybe Lechuck evil personality will be manifested in the PYRITE PARROT!

• @Ahoy De Fancypants said: My personal speculations for Chapter 3 and 4:

I'm guessing Guybrush and Morgan will bond, seemingly, and the trio in the Leviathan will escape by DeCava's 'submarine', which just happened to have been swallowed up in its belly, with or without a DeCava to go with it.

And then Morgan will double-cross Guybrush and bring him back to Flotsam's Court. Once he's been put to 'death' [for all his Caribbean crimes], DeSinge is free to do with him as he wishes [i.e. I think De Singe will set Guybrush up here so he can continue his work without fear of discovery of the locals, authorities etc].

I'm not worthy enough to speculate on Chapter 5, but hopefully it'll be a bit longer than the typical endgame chapters in Monkey Island games are. :cool:

Now that, seems very logical. Hope it's real!

Add Comment