User Avatar Image

Beyond Good & Evil

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 424 users

Any other fans of this game?...

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Frogacuda said: Fantastic game. I hear the other day the sequel got axed, and I'm depressed.

Lies!

• @Megaloman said: I'd rather not have a sequel that is so bad the (presumably) correct decision was to cancel the title. The original game stands for itself and that's better than a diluted series.

The reason it was cancelled has nothing to do with its quality. In fact Ubisoft's management still hasn't admitted that they were the ones who screwed up and their poor timing and marketing was why it didn't sell.

They pulled the plug (if they did indeed) most likely because Ancel was making another game as awesome as the first and they figured that wouldn't do as well as another mini-game fest on Wii. They keep screwing over their best talent again and again and it's not right.

• @Woodsyblue said: Come on, this looks awesome! :D

Agreed! And so does this, it's pretty funny too which shows that the game hasn't lost any of it's character or humour!... Judging by this anyway, and the car looks cool as well!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

• @Frogacuda said: They pulled the plug (if they did indeed) most likely because Ancel was making another game as awesome as the first and they figured that wouldn't do as well as another mini-game fest on Wii. They keep screwing over their best talent again and again and it's not right.

Of course Ubisoft chooses money over a quality game that many people wouldn't even hear about. This is one reason why I was surprised Ancel himself did not do anything about the situation since he seems to love the game, not the profit. Anyway, it looks like the game is back on track, so maybe he actually did change their minds and that was the discussion the reporter (or whoever it was) misunderstood.

• @Woodsyblue said: Come on, this looks awesome! :D

This is beyond Good & Evil 2? If the whole game is like this then I will pass. I hated Mirror's Edge.

• @Megaloman said: Of course Ubisoft chooses money over a quality game that many people wouldn't even hear about.

The tragedy here is that there isn't anything un-mainstream about BG&E though. It actually sold quite well, but they slashed the price to $20 2-3 months after it came out (which was in the middle of the holiday rush) so they didn't make any money. If they had just released it in Feb. to begin with and hyped it up a bit it would have done so much better.

• I loved Beyond Good & Evil but absolutely hated the level design. All three stages were built around the thematic of the "fires of industry"(a lot of metal, greens and browns) which had been done to death in games long before that. Still hoping that the second title shall come to fruition.

• @Frogacuda said: The tragedy here is that there isn't anything un-mainstream about BG&E though. It actually sold quite well, but they slashed the price to $20 2-3 months after it came out (which was in the middle of the holiday rush) so they didn't make any money. If they had just released it in Feb. to begin with and hyped it up a bit it would have done so much better.

not true, it sold awfully, more copies were sold used than new.

Add Comment