User Avatar Image

Brutal Legend

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 987 users

I know this hasnt got anything to do with Monkey Island,But is anyone looking forward to this game done by Tim Schafer and starring Jack Black...coming out on October 16th in the UK

88 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mixed feelings. I was hyped at first, but I've got pretty bored of hack and slash games in general.

• Um, number three? I'm not big on 70's rock and spurting testosterone, but I'm always willing to give Double Fine a chance. Could there be a "interested but kind of confused" option?

• It has TIM CURRY. That is enough to get my interest into anything. If he was playing an ice cream vendor selling ice cream to a coconut on a deserted island for three hours my butt would be in the theater to watch it.

• @Secret Fawful said: It has TIM CURRY. That is enough to get my interest into anything. If he was playing an ice cream vendor selling ice cream to a coconut on a deserted island for three hours my butt would be in the theater to watch it.

I <3 Tim Curry.

• @Lena_P said: Um, number three? I'm not big on 70's rock and spurting testosterone, but I'm always willing to give Double Fine a chance. Could there be a "interested but kind of confused" option?

80's and later...pfft.

• Would of liked a more inbetween option, but I'm nearer Hell yeah!! than the other option, so chose that. Looks really good. Might not buy the game straight away though.

• Looks good! There are some very good songs in the soundtrack but I was a little disappointed when I didn't see any Iron Maiden in the list! But the game is a very good idea in my opinion and some of the environments are just amazing! I've seen a couple of gameplay and it looks very cool and there are some awesome looking vehicles... too bad I don't have an XBOX 360 or a Playstation 3 : ( Oh well, video games aren't everything (unless it's Monkey Island).

• I think too many people are looking at this title from a genre/gameplay standpoint rather than the team behind it. Psychonauts was a rather outdated platformer upon release - especially when the likes of Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter were still in full effect - yet that did not prevent it from being one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences due to the brilliant art direction, voice cast and writing. So rather than saying "this game shall not appeal to me" before playing it: just purchase it and see what happens.

• Well, it's console-exclusive, and I'm one of those crazed PC-exclusive gamers...but way back in the day, I think I would've considered buying a console to be able to play the game, more or less.

Then came the first of the marketing bonanza, with the spurting testosterone and gratuitous use of scantily clad, impossibly built women as props for the main character, and/or to sell the game.

...I think I may have broken some sort of record for how fast I lost interest in the game after that. (Which I still feel is a real shame, because I'm a big fan of all of Tim Schafer's other work, and up until that point, the game was looking truly awesome. I wish Double Fine all the best, but...I can't get past the epic marketing fail; sorry.)

• @Tyraa Rane said: but...I can't get past the epic marketing fail

Heh, I think that is the first time I have ever heard someone use marketing as an excuse. Strange times.

Add Comment