User Avatar Image

Should Telltale Make a Morgan LeFlay Game?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 850 users

I've seen a few people asking and wishing for a Morgan LeFlay spin-off game and I was all for the idea! If Telltale were to release a Morgan LeFlay, I think it should be a little like this:

- An adventure/action game. 85% point-and-click adventure game; 15% action (mainly swordfighting).

- A five episode season, each episode is a new mission where Morgan must track down a different pirate each time.

- Morgan should re-visit old Monkey Island locations and Islands such as Booty or Scabb Island and run into SOME old characters.

- The last episode should be of Morgan hunting down Guybrush and should end in exactly the same spot as Launch of the Screaming Narwhal with Morgan putting her blade to Guybrush's throat!

So, should Telltale make a Morgan LeFlay game? How would your ideal Morgan game differ from mine? Will it sell well? Opinions?

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I voted yes, but I don't really like your idea for the spin-off. I'd prefer to see her further adventures. I've never been a fan of prequels in any form.

• I voted no, but in no way am I "sick of her already" - I just don't like the idea of any kind of Monkey Island spin-off. I think you should change the options in your poll to just yes and no.

• No. Please god no. Morgan Leflay is a mediocre character at best. Amusing in the game but certainly not good enough for her own game.

• @Fealiks said: I voted no, but in no way am I "sick of her already" - I just don't like the idea of any kind of Monkey Island spin-off. I think you should change the options in your poll to just yes and no.

Okay, I will do so : )

EDIT: I don't actually think I can, sorry...

• @Asgath said: No. Please god no. Morgan Leflay is a mediocre character at best. Amusing in the game but certainly not good enough for her own game.

MEDIOCRE?! spongebob-crying.jpg@Asgath said: Okay, I will do so : )

EDIT: I don't actually think I can, sorry...

It's cool, dawg.

• A pretty even spread of votes right now. It is possible that telltale may want to revisit this idea, but I see that new telltale titles are being revealed soon.

In Lair of the Leviathan we will have the opportunity to see more of her and I hope: have the chance to play as her in order to solve some puzzles. Then fans can make up their minds about this. As of yet we still don't know much about her. Five episodes may be too much to ask for though, I don't see her being as successful as Guybrush, who has four games behind him.

I do like the idea of intertwining story lines. Hercules-Xena/Buffy-Angel style. Where Morgan is always one step behind Guybrush and always just misses him. And maybe runs into characters that Guybrush has wronged. But this would only be for in-jokes or to connect story lines between the Monkey Island games.

If you are going to give Morgan her own game, give her her own adventures to build her reputation with, in an attempt to keep up with Guybrush. Like how Morgan became a feared pirate hunter, how she uses the sword so well, etc. Do not necessarily show events from Monkey Island games, but hint at or lead up to, and the Player will tie it together themselves. For instance the grappling hook that will become Guybrush's hook hand, can be seen.

The prequel is a nice idea, but lets keep other options open in the meantime and maybe telltale will like these ideas.

• I think she's annoying simply put. I mean, I guess it would be fine as long as it didn't interfere with future MI releases, but its definitely something I wouldn't look into.

• She's probably the best new character of the series so far, or close... but does she need her own game? Not so sure about that! :)

• A Morgan LeFlay game would probably be like the Torchwood of the Monkey Island series. Not as entertaining, but still entertaining enough.

• @GaryCXJk said: A Morgan LeFlay game would probably be like the Torchwood of the Monkey Island series. Not as entertaining, but still entertaining enough.

And aimed at a more... adult audience. *suggestive eyebrow wiggle*

Add Comment