User Avatar Image

Bring back the pirate-trio from Curse pleeease

posted by Isaac Goodluck on - last edited - Viewed by 278 users

guybrush crew from curse of monkey island are the best characters in the series, please let them be in tales of monkey island :D

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A visual cameo?

If not, there are references to two of them in chapter 1. If you show the Morgan LeFlay leaflet to Nipperkin, he says that some say he's a red-bearded giant, and some a peg-legged midget.
    Might not be a reference to them, but to put two members from the same crew into the same sentence like that...

• @Farlander said: ... I WOULD like to see Herman Toothrot/H.T. Marley and Marley Family Lawyers in Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood, though. I mean, H.T. being Elaine's grandfather and Guybrush being a part of Marley family, it would be logical for them to appear. Besides, the Lawyers have yet unopened potential (while barbers don't really have much of it left, considering how much time we've spent with them and little with those lawyers), and I love their music theme from EfMI.

I'd love to see Marley's Lawyers. It just makes so much sense for them to be on the trial. Plus the three of them use pretty much the same model. :P

• I might be wrong on this but TT might only have a licence to reuse main and repeated secondary characters (which would allow Murray and others like Stan and Herman Toothrot to be in the game).

Someone in another thread had the brilliant idea of using Stan for Guybrush's defence. He's the only one I see being incompentent enough to lose the case without losing face (much like Lionel Hutz in the Simpsons).

• Someone in another thread had the brilliant idea of using Stan for Guybrush's defence. He's the only one I see being incompentent enough to lose the case without losing face (much like Lionel Hutz in the Simpsons).

I agree, that would be some pretty cool twist on the character ;)

• @tbm1986 said: ...Someone in another thread had the brilliant idea of using Stan for Guybrush's defence...

Hehe, I think it might have been me. :D

• the barbershop trio... meh...

The men of low moral fiber on theother hand... what happened to them after MI2????

• The men of low moral fiber on theother hand... what happened to them after MI2????

To be honest, I, personally, couldn't care less about them. It was fun to talk with them in MI1, meeting for the first time and such (plus rum and jam keg talk :D ), but in MI2... meh.

• Unless we go back to Plunder Island, I don't want to see them again, loved them as the crew, plus they had some of the best music cues in Curse, the Barbershop theme, the banjo duel, the caber toss and Shipwrecked on Blood Island. But as they said, they wanted to return to Plunder Island to carry on with what they know best.

• To be fair, they've already made their cameo. Not in appearance, of course, but in sound.

"A pirate I was meant to be..."

• @Ash735 said: Unless we go back to Plunder Island, I don't want to see them again, loved them as the crew, plus they had some of the best music cues in Curse, the Barbershop theme, the banjo duel, the caber toss and Shipwrecked on Blood Island. But as they said, they wanted to return to Plunder Island to carry on with what they know best.

I'd love to revisit Plunder Island. That's still my favourite Monkey Island island. It would be great to see all those old faces there again, and maybe have the theatre play a bigger part...

Add Comment