User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Currently playing MI1: SE, Oblivion (RPG), and trying to finish Plants vs. Zombies (collecting the last few Steam achievements). Guild Wars (MMO) off and on.

I really need to finish HL2 one of these days, too.

• Shadow Complex: A great game with the mechanics, the story itself is dreadful. I want the game to be brighter and more colourful, which generally doesn't happen in Unreal engine 3 games, unless you are Mirror's Edge.

Street Fighter IV: I still suck at fighting games, this is no exception. However with my recent purchase of a stick my game has noticeably improved.

Marvel VS Capcom 2: Been playing a lot of this with a friend who is into fighters. I am better at this than with SF4 but not yet god enough to play many other people. Again using a stick has definitely improved my game.

• At this exact moment in time I'm watching my brother playing Spore.

Otherwise, besides ToMI I've mostly just been playing old games on an Amiga emulator! (my real Amiga hasn't been set up for years but I still love the games)

• Just finished Seige of Spinner Cay, so now it's on to...

Strong Bad - Baddest of the Bands

Fallout 3

World of Warcraft (of course)

Puzzle Pirates (on occasion)

• Mass Effect: Replaying along the Renegade path as a woman, the female actor seems to fit the role really quite well. The dialogue paths and options are some of the best in any game which I have played, in this respect it seems like those in an adventure game, but better. Some of the combat is frustrating with my character being of a low level at the moment.

• I just borrowed Fallout 3 off my bro's friend. Having fun so far, just got out of the vault and into Megaton.

The manual's printed upside down though, with the cover the other way round from the stuff inside, so I'm tempted to sell it off as a collector's item. Not that I would, but it's tempting.

• Currently I am playing delta force, Mario and Contra.

• I just finished Batman; Arkham Asylum - and are now playing Mata Hari and Drawn; The Painted Tower!

Really recommend the newly released Drawn: TPT.
    It really is one of the most beautiful adventuregames I have ever played! Check it out! :)

• I'm currently playing nothing on my PC, as I've had to replace both a hard drive and the PSU as well as deal with a virus infecting every single .exe file. Stupid AVG not picking it up, grr.

On the PS2, I've been replaying the Ratchet & Clank series, mostly so I can write reviews on them. I'm on the second game ATM, and am getting ever so slightly bored of levelling up my weapons. Lord knows how fed up I'll get when I have to go hunting all 100 Snow Crystals... again.

Add Comment