User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have the steam versions of TOMI. how do i get those to work with the treasure hunting?

• @tbm1986 said: Following the link again to the prize page should do it

Still nothing. I'm running the game on Windows 7 RC, if that makes a difference. I've just tried adding Launch of the Screaming Narwhal to the list of programs allowed to communicate through the firewall, but this didn't work either. (I think the game was already able to communicate through the firewall, since I have the completed map icon for SHUTTLEMOC in my inventory.) Can't seem to figure this one out.

• @Thiftweed Fancy Pants said: Still nothing. I'm running the game on Windows 7 RC, if that makes a difference. I've just tried adding Launch of the Screaming Narwhal to the list of programs allowed to communicate through the firewall, but this didn't work either. (I think the game was already able to communicate through the firewall, since I have the completed map icon for SHUTTLEMOC in my inventory.) Can't seem to figure this one out.

I think checking your cookies settings would be a good next move. Maps 7&8 aren't activated by claiming prize 2, so you need to follow the links elsewhere in this thread for those (I think you can see and complete them before claiming the prize for map 2 but am unsure here).

• Cookie?

Just kidding. I've figured out what the problem was - thanks for the help.

• @Shmeh said: I don't have the quote, but I'm pretty sure that it has been said officially that there will not be any more WiiWare maps. This is because the treasure hunting is in the first episode and they can't link the episode to their servers to unlock maps at a later date, so all the WiiWare maps were released with the first episode.

Ok, but then how will wiiware owners get the journal then. It is the only prize episode 1 wiiware didnt have.

• @Dan2593 said: I can't use the Steam version? well that sucks.

Well thats a real big shame. I was going to buy it from telltale originally but decided on Steam because I have had a good download history with them in the past, if it had been made more clear about the additional content available I probably would have changed my mind. Must say as a long time Monkey Island fan I feel a little cheated.:(

• @Gman5852 said: Ok, but then how will wiiware owners get the journal then. It is the only prize episode 1 wiiware didnt have.

demo

Add Comment