User Avatar Image

Sam + Max Situation: Comedy - Crash after Credits! (Access Violation error)

posted by MarkoH01 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

Hello,

I have waited patiently for the release of the new Episode. What a surprise: I downloaded, launched, looked at the credits and listened to the music...after displaying the game title there was a window saying "Acces violation at 0xA0113F78 (tried to read from 0xA0113F78), Program terminated" - That's it!

I have a SB Live Sound Card and a Geforce 6800GT - AMD CPU. No problems with Episode 1 (just installed it again to test). What can I do?

BTW: I have already tried to delete the prop file - still the same. :(

118 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They are taking their time...
    It has been two or three since Kevin asked me to send my system specs. I was hoping everything would work out in a couple of days but it didn't.

Is there any sign of a possible solution?

• We are working on a new version of the game that may resolve this problem. It'll be ready within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

• Great! That's good to hear. I don't mind waiting a while for some new Sam and Max. The wait between the first adventure and episode 1 was what, just a paltry 10+ years or so? :D

• @Emily said: We are working on a new version of the game that may resolve this problem. It'll be ready within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

My patience was long gone but still I'm glad to hear this! :D And indeed, the wait had been ten years already, so another couple of weeks should be doable.

I thought you guys were going to suggest a refund but might I just say:

PHEW!

I'm looking forward to playing the game. Will we receive an e-mail when it's finished?

• We can't email everyone individually, but we'll plaster it all over the site and the foums when the new version is ready.

• @Emily said: We can't email everyone individually, but we'll plaster it all over the site and the foums when the new version is ready.

That's ok as well. I will check the site regularly.

• Hi, just purchased the game. same crash after credits. I had no problem with episode 1 though... as I read there will be a patch soon. anyway, just to let you know my specs:

AMD 3000+
    Geforce 6600 GT
    XP SP1

I might try SP2 out, but it looks like people in this forum did have the crash even with SP2...

if this problem is not going to be fixed, then I think that episode 1 was the last episode for me. there is no point in buying other episodes
    I could cry... had a lot of fun with ep.1

cheers, brof

• Hi, XP SP2 helped for me. I played for 10 minutes and it was okay...

thanks,
    George (brof)

• Hi!

I just wanted to report, that episode 3 also crashes :(
    Yet with a little different symptoms:
    I can see the intro video and right after the "The Mole, The Mob and the Meatball" text it crashes, with an access violation.

Kan

Add Comment